What did you do on your 70 series today? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just placed an order from @cruiseroutfit for TRE’s and a knuckle rebuild kit. Awesome customer service. Hoping to freshen up my front end after the new year!

Thank you!

I'll give the sales guys a pat on the back for their great work.

I opened a box of new parts from Japan, including new rear door "checks" or limiters.
These new parts are a little different from the ones installed in 1988.
Anyone know what the metal lever or flag does?

I will have to modify these deals to prevent the doors from opening too far into my swingout arm hinges.
View attachment 2147620
I think that is to hold the electric wire away from the mechanism. when you open the door you will see. It took me 5 minutes to install it and it does make a difference. might be a good idea to order the metal pin as they get worn too.

Aha! Thanks Alexy.
My doors have been chopped for a soft top.
All the electrical stuff was taken out.
No need for an electric lock when anyone can just reach right in.

New spare to match the new tires my FZJ75 came with.
CD8E87D9-FFA4-45B7-A06B-D7E24EAA8AD1.jpeg

What Crawl ratio are you guys shooting for?

At this point you should know better than to ask me technical questions. I fly airplanes for a living and that's my only talent.

Whutevur it takes to scale them mall curbs should be just dandy:cool:

I put my plow on my BJ74. I had mounts welded to the frame for the plow receiver; that worked great. I can remove four bolts and the receiver is off for the summer so I don't lose any approach angle.

Wiring was harder. I thought I could run the plow off a second 24/12 volt converter, so I bought a 720 watt converter. My plow is rated at 35 amps, so it should provide plenty of power. However, the winch would only works sometimes. Other times i would get dead or clicking (hard to hear over the diesel). I took apart the switch and rewired everything a few times to eliminate shorts or bad connections; finally my research showed that the winch for the plow will draw up to 100 amps at start up, and the converter won't provide enough to close the contacts. So my solution is a little rough; install an auxiliary 12V battery on the front bumper. In order to keep the converter from draining the battery I put in a switch beside the battery.

It works fine now, but has a mess of wires and I don't like the battery out front. I don't drive it in the winter; its just for plowing so its not a big deal.

I also put in some new lights up front as plowing often happens at night.

A more elegant, but expensive solution is to change the winch to 24 volts. Maybe next year.

We haven't had enough snow to test it out yet, but I'm pretty stoked. I put chains on the rear tires so I'm pretty confident this thing will handle a good dump!

IMG_0449.jpg

And here are the two converters. The first powers lights, radios, guages etc. The second is just for the plow. It was hard to find a place to hang these. Both are switched to the ignition so they don't drain the batteries.

IMG_0448.jpg

More fun stuff from the "Resurrected" guys...........
When I first purchased this Ute the rear locker wouldn't engage and both the inside of the hood and the ARB air compressor were coated with oil. Now that both axles have been rebuilt, it was discovered that the seal in the rear locker was installed incorrectly and the air line was not routed properly. The end result was that the rear axle was back pressuring the air line which filled the new ARB air compressor with oil. (until it couldn't hold anymore and the oil was pushed out into the engine bay).
Fast forward to today.... A new ARB locker kit (and someone who actually took time to correctly install the seals and air lines) plus a new ARB air compressor and we are back in business.

it's like the gift it keeps on giving (sarcasm).

Hopefully, you should be done (or close to being done) with the nightmare of chasing gremlins all over the place...

it's like the gift it keeps on giving (sarcasm).

Hopefully, you should be done (or close to being done) with the nightmare of chasing gremlins all over the place...
If the money holds out the truck will be near perfect by late Spring / early Summer 2020. :)
The truck is basically being rebuilt from bumper to bumper.

I changed a light bulb in the instrument cluster. What a pain. Screws, screws and more screws.

I should have ignored it and got a set of LED replacement bulbs and replaced all the old ones.

I changed a light bulb in the instrument cluster. What a pain. Screws, screws and more screws.

I should have ignored it and got a set of LED replacement bulbs and replaced all the old ones.

Let me know if you want some white led (24v) I can throw them in an envelope and ship them. I also have yellow led’s (12v).

D2D8108C-1E84-47AE-96BC-1A1B89FEFC1D.jpeg

BEBCF130-92DE-4C6D-84E3-E41F658D9958.jpeg

I like the white but my LJ77 is 12 v.

Will you have the white in 12v?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom