What did you do on your 70 series today? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How many 12v do you have and what do you want for them?

7EE5DD03-B9C6-4536-A870-685245C73339.jpeg

T
9088D6AF-AD32-42A1-AE11-FCDD1B118FDD.jpeg

Took the 73 for a drive to keep batteries charged! Will finish mounting soft top in a couple weeks. FYI I love the soft top😉

Finally got to oil change in engine, trans, tcase and axles. Some less than pretty stuff came out, but nothing too scary. Definitely will be taking another pass at it in not too terribly many miles.

No pics from today's fun so a pic of Pico with the truck camping at lake havasu.

IMG_20191208_213002_01.jpg

I made some steel spacers to help me gauge how much I needed to limit the rear doors' travel.. I can't have them open too far and bash against the bumper swingouts hinge posts.
It turned out the right side door check needed no change at all.
For the left side I welded a new pin in place similar to the factory design.
IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

A shiny new ARB air compressor (that replaced the oil soaked and possibly ruined compressor installed by the resurrected guys).
** Photo courtesy of Odd Iron Off Road
image.jpeg

The 77 came in handy for picking up a new filter for my pool. The old filter one is toast and I can’t patch it.

Would never be able to fit even a 1/3 of this box in my PZJ70 it seems like.

93188D38-5040-40B3-8668-4CF252F45865.jpeg

Wow @malteser, these look great! I was considering returning a HAM radio I bought as I could not find a place to mount it. Are you making them to sell? Would you consider it?
Thank you
Peter

Last edited:
Wow @malteser, these look great! I was considering returning a HAM radio I bought as I could not find a place to mount it. Are you making them to sell? Would you consider it?
Thank you
Peter

Sorry mate, don't really have the time. I'm not a pro either, so fabricating stuff is a slow process for me. I had bought this CB over a year ago and only found time to install it now.

Sorry mate, don't really have the time. I'm not a pro either, so fabricating stuff is a slow process for me. I had bought this CB over a year ago and only found time to install it now.
Thank you for your reply and for providing mounting points I had not considered. With skills like that, I am sure you are busy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom