What did you do on your 70 series today? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put the top back on, which was a good plan considering we went camping and the torrential downpour that occurred...and well easier to keep the dogs safe.

View attachment 2055952
You really snag nice shots of your truck... what are you shooting with?

Well,

Finally got the ol girl here and in me driveway. Now to clean her up a bit after the long trip.

20190823_184512.jpg

Starting re-assembly of FST.

I generally replace critical weatherstripping and gaskets every time I remove and replace the FST. It’s the most important step that most people ignore. New gaskets and weatherstripping allow for new sealing interaction and prepare the vehicle for another FST season.

I take FST off every Memorial Day and reinstall every Labor Day (when in NY; all bets off out west).

“Rollbar” gaskets. LH/RH (smaller prefix number always indicates RH side of vehicle)

69C50394-3F64-4B61-9EA2-55970F12EB8E.jpeg

4A183796-ABC4-4BBA-858D-2159E66C694B.jpeg

How's the frame repair going?

Got a goodie box in the mail at lunch.

5 mins later the new VR is in and no more dash lights flashing on idle. I'm sure I'll need the alt brushes at some point. My heater controls were messed up. I can change the zones, but I can't change fresh/recirc and the heat control didn't work either because the bracket on the back is busted. This should solve that.

IMG_5261.jpg

I have been on vacation for a week Land Cruising in Oregon and Idaho. This is a good way to start the week and get back in the groove.

371AC256-2466-4B80-882C-D033CA62CCDF.jpeg
8746658B-76F7-4C12-9165-F9A7CE393A38.jpeg

Cheers

Since locating replacement parts here in the PI can be a challenge; (especially electrical) I ordered a new Starter relay and a few others for spares. On the next trip to the US; I will bring them back with me.

Had Odd Iron Off Road start on a complete rebuild on my front axle as well as install an ARB air locker. :)
Somewhat of a setback .....
58918.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom