Builds TURBO KIT INSTALL 96 LX450 CXRACING and CUSTOM (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FMU pics

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

:popcorn:

I just spoke to split second and they told me they did some testing on the enricher recently intercepting the TPS signal. They set it at a certain voltage or throttle position to send a signal back to the ECU that truck is WOT or a percentage of WOT that I can determine by voltage. That forces the truck out of closed loop and allows it to begin to use the MAF etc to manage fueling in open loop. Not sure if I want that. I guess I have two viable options for keeping the factory ECU with the enricher. Well see.

Thanks for the pics Mario65. So the FMU goes after the factory FPR and they're both being controlled by vacuum. I'd have thought to set the OEM FPR to max open by removing the vac line so that the FMU unit will do all of the controlling. Obviously my thought process is incorrect.

The enricher sounds sorta sounds like the Unichip piggyback deal that Safari turbo provided, back in the day.

If you can stay open loop you'll love the FMU since you can control the needle valve to get your AFRs where you want them. A fixed ramp FPR won't give you any adjustment.

my buddy had really good luck with the split second enricher on his turbo 5vz-fe Tundra, but I understand our 1fz computers work a little differently. That is actually a really common route for the supercharged 5vz (although most of those guys go URD+7th injector rather than Split Second) I think Ryan has pointed out all the limitations, but I wish you luck all the same! Be sure to share your results :D

@scottryana Aren't you tired of being right all the time. Take a vacay brother.

So just for s&g's I looked up an intercooler core that was 4.5" deep, 4.5" tall and 48" wide and it is about $660, so cheaper than a light bar. Haha. I am sure it would cool well but look ridiculous.

Time for someone to develop an "intercooler light bar" that goes right above the windshield. If people are ok with snorkels sticking way out imagine how cool this would look.

Enricher is installed and seems to be getting the job done. Driving it now. Its doing exactly what I wanted. Im still checking it out and will so for a few days. I like it so far. Ive experimented with and without the assistance of the FMU/ FPR and of course FMU and no enricher. Right now for my setup the enricher does a better job of managing fuel than the FMU on its own.

The enricher is set at 80% now. Its cheap and an easy install.

Ive not tested WOT yet. At 12% duty cycle more than enough turbo to hold 10 psi.

Runs great. I was adding some overland ARB parts so I haven't driven it much

We need pics

lots pics in the post
what are you needing to see
Of the truck. We've seen the engine, I'm curious about the rest of the rig.

by chance have you monitored AFR at WOT before and after the enrichment piggy back. I've thought that the LTFT used during WOT was calculated during closed loop and since you are creating a higher LTFT via the enricher I was wondering how that may have affected the AFRs.

Enricher is installed and seems to be getting the job done. Driving it now. Its doing exactly what I wanted. Im still checking it out and will so for a few days. I like it so far. Ive experimented with and without the assistance of the FMU/ FPR and of course FMU and no enricher. Right now for my setup the enricher does a better job of managing fuel than the FMU on its own.

The enricher is set at 80% now. Its cheap and an easy install.

Ive not tested WOT yet. At 12% duty cycle more than enough turbo to hold 10 psi.
Nice going. That didn't take you long. Hows the power compared to stock?

Nice going. That didn't take you long. Hows the power compared to stock?
thanks

I wasn't trying to make a monster. I really just wanted it feel like it wasn't slow. I slowed it down with the overland gear, 35s and lift. It is very quick and responsive and has no issue getting to highway speeds. I like it a lot. I probably picked up 50-75HP I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom