Trailer Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How feasible would it be to flip the drop axle upside down to gain axle clearance underneath? Could you have done that and kept it spring under to gain both lift and clearance at the same time? Just curious if the axle would work upside down like that.

How feasible would it be to flip the drop axle upside down to gain axle clearance underneath? Could you have done that and kept it spring under to gain both lift and clearance at the same time? Just curious if the axle would work upside down like that.
Google, and my brain both said no. Unstable...
Gotcha. Maybe even a straight across wall at the front to make a nice "pantry" for Batts, inverter, misc hardware, and camping supplies.
believe me, it's all gonna get enclosed.

You are cranking my man!!

Didn't realize you had a drop spindle axle. Looks great man! If you're going to spring for a straight axle, get one with 6 lug hubs so you don't have to run the adapters.

Yeah, I probably should have just done that from the start.

For now, I'm going to keep it as is and sweep rocks down the path. :) When I do swap it out I'll likely go back on top of the leaf springs and get an axle with brakes.

coming along nicely man. At this pace we'll see you sleeping in it at the M&G. :beer:

:D

trailer-7.jpg

Oh, it's definitely coming with me to the M&G - finished or not.

What's left:

Plumbing:
Water input box install
Water tank
Water pump
Shower outlet box and install
On demand water heater install
Various drains, plumbing etc

110V
Wire circuit breakers - 3 circuits - 1 outdoor, 2 inside
Install breaker panel
Main power wire
Invertor

Solar
Install tilting bracket
Install panel
Install charge controller

Propane
Install tank and cover
3 outlet splitter
Run hose to water heater, buddy heater location, and stove location

12V
Wire switch panel
Battery selector switch
Interior Lights
Exterior lights
Water pump wiring
Exhaust fan

Construction
Install Foxwing awning with enclosure
Install carpet
Build service panels
Build storage cabinets

That's what's in my head for now. The cabinets won't be as fancy as what you have in the pic Rice, mostly because it's not tall enough to stand so a countertop doesnt really make sense. Picture basically everything from the right of the door to the right of the fridge will be enclosed with doors to access.

So a little second guessing in my location for mounting the hot water heater. I was planning on an install inside the trailer, but I'm now planning on installing an external "case" to house it. Just too concerned about CO. I have a detector but I just feel like that's pushing my luck.

Also a quick update on the foxwing enclosure. They had stated that the max height of the walls was 190cm (6ft 3ish). Well with the trailer height what it is, that's too short. So they're modding it to 210cm (6ft 11ish) since the foxwing mounting will be at 225-230cm and that'll give it the right slope and still reach the ground. That's some epic headroom. :)

Last edited:
You can always make a solar water heater and place it on the roof of the trailer.

You can always make a solar water heater and place it on the roof of the trailer.
I actually had that as my first plan. An acrylic box on the roof with a roll of black pipe would be cheap but without a pump that's constantly circulating and an insulated water tank, you've only got a gallon at best. For less money and less work, a propane fired 'on demand' system is a no brainer. I just don't wanna sleep in a tiny box with a fire hazard in it :)

I actually had that as my first plan. An acrylic box on the roof with a roll of black pipe would be cheap but without a pump that's constantly circulating and an insulated water tank, you've only got a gallon at best.

You don't need a pump. The convection will keep the water moving from the lowest cold point to the higher hot point. You would need an insulated storage tank but that would require space. A propane fired heater might be your best option.

You don't need a pump. The convection will keep the water moving from the lowest cold point to the higher hot point. You would need an insulated storage tank but that would require space. A propane fired heater might be your best option.

That will only work if you heat the water at the bottom of the system. Convection won't happen if you heat at the top since there's nowhere for water to convect "up" to.

I'm all for hinged bedding, caputured tables, and stackable storage. Love the kitchen up front too.

Beach camper livin. Buit from scraps. Hot water tanks up top, potty, bedding, kitchen, covered porch. You got some big shoes to fill, James.

DSC00266.JPG
DSC00260.JPG
DSC00261.JPG
DSC00262.JPG
DSC00263.JPG
DSC00264.JPG
DSC00267.JPG
DSC00269.JPG
DSC00272.JPG
DSC00274.JPG

looks like in the last two pics, they were the ones with full shoes :)

Takes two trucks to pull it out of the sand, must be a very heavy trailer.

Takes two trucks to pull it out of the sand, must be a very heavy trailer.
Pretty sure that small porch they built on the side weighs more than my whole trailer.

in their defense, they were out on cape lookout, doing about 16-19 miles on soft sand to get from the ferry dock at the cabins down to the south point. They couldnt use the backroad because of several ponds and holes from a storm.

Yeah it probably was a heavy trailer, but they would go out there for 2 or 3 weeks at a time, several times a year to fish. They obviously were doin some sort of livin right

Wish I had that kind of time-off available....

This will be a 3 day weekend kind of trailer. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom