Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New GRH additions

40 Series
47201-60050 (Ironically one that AISIN recently discontinued in their aftermarket program. We still have some stock in them.

4FB336C1-690D-4B17-A290-018032125773.jpeg

60 Series
13811-68020 - 12HT rocker arms

BFBFA9A2-A80A-4158-B457-7E28B2DAC47F.jpeg

Some great items, and some frustrating items.

Have a list of realistic parts? Email them to me. I'm prepping a list for Koyarisan

@cruiseroutfit are we still limited parts that easily fit in your hand? None of the late 40 series exhaust pieces landing here soon?

This is different than the existing GRH parts we are bringing over. This is the Japan based team asking me for another list of items to consider for adding to the GRH parts list in the future.

This is different than the existing GRH parts we are bringing over. This is the Japan based team asking me for another list of items to consider for adding to the GRH parts list in the future.
Off the top of my head… Main bearings have been a pain to acquire through the aftermarket lately. Toyota discontinued those and the camshaft so that would be rad. Both are common engine wear parts that are needed and OEM is best. Anything involving a sealed diaphragm that’s been discontinued; as in all the late model carb bits and the high altitude advance on the distributor. Roll bar pads. The wider radiator for rigs with factory AC. Discontinued electronics. Synchros for the transmission.

Off the top of my head… Main bearings have been a pain to acquire through the aftermarket lately. Toyota discontinued those and the camshaft so that would be rad. Both are common engine wear parts that are needed and OEM is best. Anything involving a sealed diaphragm that’s been discontinued; as in all the late model carb bits and the high altitude advance on the distributor. Roll bar pads. The wider radiator for rigs with factory AC. Discontinued electronics. Synchros for the transmission.
X2 on bearings.

New GRH additions

40 Series
47201-60050 (Ironically one that AISIN recently discontinued in their aftermarket program. We still have some stock in them.

View attachment 3364167

Well, this program can be a double edged sword. By introducing the 47201-60050 to the GRH program, it killed it in the aftermarket. I had long suspected this was the case but I received confirmation, "...relates to the OE’s ownership of the Engineering assets required for production...". The million dollar questions, will the come back to the aftermarket from AISIN/ADVICS after Toyota's GRH program? Manufacturing (for GRH) was slated to end December 2023 on that given part.

Well, this program can be a double edged sword. By introducing the 47201-60050 to the GRH program, it killed it in the aftermarket. I had long suspected this was the case but I received confirmation, "...relates to the OE’s ownership of the Engineering assets required for production...". The million dollar questions, will the come back to the aftermarket from AISIN/ADVICS after Toyota's GRH program? Manufacturing (for GRH) was slated to end December 2023 on that given part.

1702098447189.png

It's rather interesting how the GRH program has made the 47201-60050, harder and more expensive to acquire. I currently need one, but I'm not going to pay double what its actually worth.

It's rather interesting how the GRH program has made the 47201-60050, harder and more expensive to acquire. I currently need one, but I'm not going to pay double what its actually worth.

Exactly, see my reasoning above. They may never come back post-GRH which ends production this month.

Re: price. That’s simply Supply/Demand. AISIN/Advics discontinued them in mid-2021, supply is non-existent outside of a few that stocked up, often at a premium to acquire NOS units. The genuine Toyota one retailed for ~$560 when available in the US and now the GRH offering retails for $550-666 out of Japan, wholesaling in the $400 range. We’re happy to offer them in the US @ $397.50 and many took advantage of our Thanksgiving sale and snagged them for $360.

Exactly, see my reasoning above. They may never come back post-GRH which ends production this month.

Re: price. That’s simply Supply/Demand. AISIN/Advics discontinued them in mid-2021, supply is non-existent outside of a few that stocked up, often at a premium to acquire NOS units. The genuine Toyota one retailed for ~$560 when available in the US and now the GRH offering retails for $550-666 out of Japan, wholesaling in the $400 range. We’re happy to offer them in the US @ $397.50 and many took advantage of our Thanksgiving sale and snagged them for $360.
They were sub $200 on Rock Auto. If yall got pocketbooks big enough to pay 3x what something is worth, have at it.

They were sub $200 on Rock Auto. If yall got pocketbooks big enough to pay 3x what something is worth, have at it.
X2 on bearings.

this whole 47201-60050 topic has a passion side-story for me , both personal and professional , ..

since first getting my feet wet learning and exploring what all is involved in having a small rubber accordion boot reproduced by a company outside the usa , in a OSHA / SAE / DOT Safety Orange no less ! 🤣

- i have pipe dreamed the afternoon away in my on-going paper journals / notes hand written i have kept since a teenager , when Artistic Mechanical Inspiration hits me i better record and document it or that moment or its some times lost ?

- well .......well ...well ....

- the 2 YAZAKI late modle sensor boot / cover / cups , that are a COLD SPEC. / SNOW VERSION options package details have been a total obsession for me to get to the table , for well over a decade or more , in a cost efficient manner too

- this is NO easy gravy train task either , because you have to take into account the NYLON YAZAKI button connector housing sitting on the flat too ?

- below is TECH examples of oem originals , & my first initial small re-production run of my reproduction's

- these boots were NOT a stand alone service part much like the OVAL wire harness grommets on each pass through side

- but , DAM .,.....they fit snugly and do the job same as the originals were intended .....:D

Here they are ..

The 1962 -1972 floor dimmer rubber exterior weather boot is finally compepted

That one was not easy ??

The 47201-60050 sensor boots function same in kind as Engine Wire No. 4 oil sending unit rubber insulation and vibration damper and temperature stabilizer too ..

= good clean steady signals back to the gauge cluster and switch panel ..

52486537-DBD5-4322-A19B-DCCF8D97DF35.jpeg
483DADDD-11B5-496B-9F14-3EB1CE4FB52E.jpeg

Last edited:

Yes I understand... we retailed them for $137.50 for many years when they were still available!

For someone doing a period correct resto OR wanting to keep things original, $397.50 isn't a hard push as proven by the OE units we continue to sell... it's exactly what they are worth to many.

We started with 75+ when they discontinued happened in 2021, we are down to 16 and that is after buying them from overseas, etc, outside of our direct AISIN/Advics channel. I don't expect them to last through 2024 and I've been bringing in the GRH ones to have when the AISIN boxed are gonw. Just like Toyota, the price will ramp as supply dwindles and bump again when we sell in the Toyota box. Don't get me wrong, I'm pushing for them to be back in the aftermarket program and have offered to buy X quantity to bring them back. I'd love to sell them at $150 again, it's not going to happen. AISIN/Advics are constantly adjusting their prices and if/when they come back, cost will certainly be much higher.

Welcome to the world of Land Cruisers and NOS parts. We can all wish master cylinders were still $150 and that new FJ40's could still be had for $5000, that's simply not how works.

Yes I understand... we retailed them for $137.50 for many years when they were still available!

For someone doing a period correct resto OR wanting to keep things original, $397.50 isn't a hard push as proven by the OE units we continue to sell... it's exactly what they are worth to many.

We started with 75+ when they discontinued happened in 2021, we are down to 16 and that is after buying them from overseas, etc, outside of our direct AISIN/Advics channel. I don't expect them to last through 2024 and I've been bringing in the GRH ones to have when the AISIN boxed are gonw. Just like Toyota, the price will ramp as supply dwindles and bump again when we sell in the Toyota box. Don't get me wrong, I'm pushing for them to be back in the aftermarket program and have offered to buy X quantity to bring them back. I'd love to sell them at $150 again, it's not going to happen. AISIN/Advics are constantly adjusting their prices and if/when they come back, cost will certainly be much higher.

Welcome to the world of Land Cruisers and NOS parts. We can all wish master cylinders were still $150 and that new FJ40's could still be had for $5000, that's simply not how works.
I agree. As much as it may sting. It's simple supply and demand. It's honestly shocking these parts were available as long as they were! It's easy to take it for granted and not realize how "lucky" we are that a lot of these parts are still offered!
I do not like the huge price hikes, but unfortunately the cost to produce these high quality parts in very low quantities in the current environment, something had to give. And with a huge cult following, like other classic cars, Toyota saw a way to keep offering the same parts and cash in, so prices will just keep going up as stocks dwindle and people want the original parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom