The "Nowhere Else to Put This Insane Crap" thread NEPTIC (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that's exactly who I imagined when I read it! I had that tape, lol.
Heavy D, Fat Boys, Biz Markie, Biggie Smalls, Meatloaf, etc. They were all overweight Adele before she was; or that more recent fat girl who always wears what looks like wardrobe rejects from Madonna's 1991 fetishwear closet. Now, as a newly heavy guy myself, I feel like a trendy follower instead of a possible health hazard who should've ordered something besides this burger at lunch today. But by "something besides" I mean "some sides to go with". 😓

Oh, @kevin in okinawa , you lose a point for not using the word cassingle. :grinpimp:

Spent the evening watching a double header of valley league baseball in New Market va.
Best seats in the house just pulled the 40 up on the hill and put the windshield down.

88AA4C11-4005-4FDB-B1E1-F58B5BC4D49B.jpeg

0755FB5B-D701-41C4-951D-CB35A64BB8AD.jpeg

Definitely certified

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I would never go more than 5k on any oil. I have seen the destruction first hand on many levels.

As someone who always changed their oil at 3k mi, I cringed the first time a dealer told me it's good for 10k mi. Synthetic or not, it just doesn't sit right with me. So even with Mobile 1 Synthetic, I guess going that long is a terrible idea as I had assumed.

So, change your oil every 10k miles for the duration of the 60k mile warranty. At 60,001 miles the engine falls apart and it’s out of warranty. So, the dealership gets to rebuild/replace the engine at your expense or sell you a new car. So, what’s new? Marketing and money overrules/distorts the science to benefit their profit.

Saw way too much of this in my days in the corporate world. I had to inform (disappoint) customers of reality after they were misled by the sales department.

Disappointed that Toyota is playing this game and losing credibility.
☹️
Sorry for the rant. This hit a nerve.

I change mine at 5000 miles it’s cheap insurance.
And if I go over it’s not a huge deal.

I change my diesel every 5k and others every 3k synthetic or not. Oil changes are the cheapest thing you can do to help your engine last. Once the filter gets clogged up it bypasses and you just push dirty oil around. Not to mention the sludge that builds up in all the little ports.

Filters are the biggest thing when going over 5k miles. I have seen people buy synthetic oil from me (amsoil) and buy a cheap filter and then try and go 10k miles . its going to show gummed up dirty oil like in the video's oil ring. You also need to have a good air filter as that is a big factor in keeping the oil clean too. It always amazes me how cheap people get to be when it comes to oil's for their engines.

Filters are the biggest thing when going over 5k miles. I have seen people buy synthetic oil from me (amsoil) and buy a cheap filter and then try and go 10k miles . its going to show gummed up dirty oil like in the video's oil ring. You also need to have a good air filter as that is a big factor in keeping the oil clean too. It always amazes me how cheap people get to be when it comes to oil's for their engines.
Do you believe in amsoil statement of 15k miles? I run amsoil in the 200 along with the filter and change every 5 - 7.5k

Do you believe in amsoil statement of 15k miles? I run amsoil in the 200 along with the filter and change every 5 - 7.5k
I change the oil once a year on my frequently driven trucks. on my wife suv it usually see's 15-20k a year. Tow rig see's about 7k. I usually get a blackstone report and they have all been normal wear with good viscosity and they say i could go more on them. But I always change it at or around a year. Brother inlaws ecoboost f150 goes around 10k per oil change and gets blackstone also always gets good reports. Father-inlaws 4.6 tundra that he has had since new now has 300k miles has gone 30k miles on a change probably 10 years and 100k miles ago. now he is retired his oil only see's 3-4k miles a year.
So like I said. good filters air and oil play a lot into it. The video above doesn't say what kind of filters or oil. Dealers around here dont even use factory filters. Most places use as cheap of a filter as they can put on it so they can have higher profit.

One of the guys at the shop next door was wearing a bunny man shirt yesterday.
No pics?
I remember people dressing up as him on Halloween, It always creeped my mom out when they came up to the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom