For Sale 1997 40th Anniversary Edition with 176k miles - Florida Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
The good: 100% South Florida driven – so no rust. Engine and transmission are solid. Sheetmetal is great. The AC and heat work, as do the sunroof, radio and power accessories. Have Pro Comp rims plus the 40th Anniv. OEM rims come with it. Clean title and Carfax. Original owner was MLB All Star MVP Julio Franco who used it in the off season; I bought it from his brother.

The not-so-good: Paint on hood and tops of front fenders is worn. Seat leather is torn on both front and one rear bottom. Driver’s mirror housing is loose. Trim piece missing off the D pillar on the driver side, as well as some black covering over the window chrome. Rear passenger window not fully closing at present. Wiper arm is out of whack on passenger side and the rear. Driver's seat needs the plastic gear replaced to go fore and aft; I have the brass replacement for it.

I replaced: U-Joints Front and Rear; propeller shaft; starter; front main seal; oil pump seal; radiator; windshield (w/OEM); brake master cylinder; regular oil and fluid changes.

Just 176k miles. Do not believe it is triple-locked. Located in Fort Lauderdale.

Offering up here first as you guys know the vehicle and its future once cleaned up. Open to offers.

20210110_173838 3.jpg

20210110_173942 3 LI.jpg

20210110_174112 3 LI.jpg

20210110_174147 3.jpg

20210110_174208 3.jpg

Bought this off ebay last year in June. Spoke to the seller on the phone before booking a flight from Atlanta to drive it home. Vehicle was running rough, had prior bondo/paintwork and and seller did not disclose all the issues. I had several other pictures but they did not save to cloud unfortunately. Glad to see atleast some issues are mentioned this time.

The vehicle was at some workshop where it looked like it had been sitting for quite a while. Did not start without a jump at that time. Seller kept the $500 deposit and said kick rocks

Any potential buyers be aware and ask for as many detailed pictures and videos as possible before wasting time to look at it. I've owned over 10 80's, 10 100's, and currently have 2 200's. I didn't mind putting in some work into this one but it was far from accurately described. Best of luck mud fam! 🍻

Screenshot_20220807-204118_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-204126_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-204135_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-204142_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-204148_Gallery.jpg

Bought this off ebay last year in June. Spoke to the seller on the phone before booking a flight from Atlanta to drive it home. Vehicle was running rough, had prior bondo/paintwork and and seller did not disclose all the issues. I had several other pictures but they did not save to cloud unfortunately. Glad to see atleast some issues are mentioned this time.

The vehicle was at some workshop where it looked like it had been sitting for quite a while. Did not start without a jump at that time. Seller kept the $500 deposit and said kick rocks

Any potential buyers be aware and ask for as many detailed pictures and videos as possible before wasting time to look at it. I've owned over 10 80's, 10 100's, and currently have 2 200's. I didn't mind putting in some work into this one but it was far from accurately described. Best of luck mud fam! 🍻

View attachment 3080794

View attachment 3080795

View attachment 3080796

View attachment 3080797

View attachment 3080798
This guy Khan didn't ask a single question during the Ebay auction and came in at the last minute with a winning bid - and then promptly defaulted.

Seems that Khan is a used car dealer who was looking for a quick flip and lots of profit; he bids under "usmotorsport."

Ebay determined that Khan violated the auction rules, defaulted, and forfeited the deposit:
Dispute ID: 500142xxxx
A decision has been made about the dispute that was filed by usmotorsport. The dispute was found in your favor. You don't have to pay anything back and no further action is needed from you.​

Nice of him to post additional photos showing cosmetic work needed as the forum only permitted five photos. Glad to provide more to anyone interested. Most forum members improve their trucks for their own enjoyment, and this truck will certainly serve that purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom