The Newest Dakota Digital Dash - Retrotech (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UZJ40

OEM(ish)
SILVER Star
Threads
I have been a huge fan of Dakota Digital products. I recently spoke with Scott Johnson up there, one of the sales guys. He sent me some images of their newest line for the FJ40's. It has all of the same features as the VHX series, but it looks like an OEM layout. It comes with the bezel, which is CNC'd aluminum. They have one set up this week at their SEMA booth if anyone is in Vegas!

The TACH is a sweeping led bar across the top, but when the unit is off, it's not visible at all.
The area where the odometer is actually a color TFT screen as well, so you can scroll through and monitor different inputs and gauges. It also goes black when the unit is off. Each gauge has a red LED that lights up at a user defined point.

Here are a couple images-

001 - RTX-62T-FJ-FR-X6.png

002 - RTX-62T-FJ-FR-D15-X6.png

003 - RTX-62T-FJ-Iso 01-X6.png

I really like this. I saw Proffitts from SEMA post this up. A $1400 estimate on price was posted as well.

Dang it, Wish they took trade ins on their older models. I like these much better than the model I have.

You might be surprised at how much you could sell yours for on MUD. I sold my first generation dash for close to what I paid for it.

again with the 8 grand tach

i thought that was the redline on a 2F. maybe that’s why mine doesn’t work anymore:confused:

i like the new design though. i was going to buy the previous version but they just seem to get better each time!

@UZJ40 is there much in the way of Landcruiser stuff here at SEMA? Haven't seen too much. Even Toyota booth doesn't have anything just Tacomas, 4Runners and Tundras and some old Supras

Nah, there never is. FJ.co should be there, I heard ICON isn't there this year. Maybe a random 55 or 40 scattered around, but not much cruiser stuff. Just a bunch of 4 door Wrangler and Raptor bolt ons!

anyone know if these can run on 24volts too, or are they only capable of doing 12?

By chance, is there a 'plug-n-play' for these units to read the existing lights, turn signals, high beam, oil pressure, water temp, and fuel off the OEM harness? The ammeter ring terminals would require a covered connection, but could be in the same harness back to the Dakota. I know the Dakota units have more options than the standard OEM cluster and requires additional wiring, but I'd like to minimize the extra wires.

@RAGINGMATT - If the DD units could read the existing OEM senders (oil, water temp, fuel and battery), and there was a male end to fit your instrument barrel connector, this would be the ticket. :hillbilly:

These Latest puppies design and layout make the Light shade modification on the OEM Meter look like child's play :eek:

Im surprised to learn that the DD was not or can not be designed to read or interface with the 30-40 year old technology Design

of a YAZAKI or N.D. ( NipponDenso ) Sending Unit , Sensor , Sender signal o_O

Thats seems like a Oversight of some sort ?

maybe there geared towards a GM v8 conversion and a Detroit made Signal

If anyone knows the facts on this topic please post

The Dakota could easily be fitted with the YAZAKI 12pin Male Socket prongs / plug , especially since YAZAKI is currently still

making / has in production the 83100-60180 KMH Cluster Meter and Blue printed Circuit board on the back

I see why DD would not Fool with the big 30a AMP ring terminals on the back side , but the 1/79-later 50a Amp smaller ones in

the 3pin spade connector could be hooked up safely i would think , and read by the DD for readout

Till then @GA Architect , I can only dream up my latest idea :

Instead of just 12" of the correct color coded tracer stripe wire installed in my Barrel Connectors , Install a piece long enough to reach the Device itself its communication with , like 6' feet for the Yellow w/ Black for the Oil Pressure sender

this would eliminate any connections behind the dash above the Peddle bracket area that always gets congested on a Re-Wire

using EZ or painless kit ,

Minimize Extra Wires

iyazaki denso.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom