Vintage air gen IV install with 120 Amp 10si and Dakota digital automatic climate control DCC-4000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed both a new Vintage air unit with upstaged 10si alternator and DAkota digital DC-4000 automatic climate control module which interfaces seemlessly with both the Dakota digital gauges and vintage air gen IV unit.

I now have full single zone climate control. Also performed a full cabin seal, insulation and sound deadening.

Although the sound deadening project is only about 70% complete.

Getting system charged next week. As a bonus it looks like the higher available voltage from the alternator from 12.5-.12.8 to a solid 14.2-14.5 depending upon load has made the sniper much happier in at least a very smooth idle. I thought it was good before but now it’s like butter, no more 20-30 rpm jumps on the sniper and a solid AFR at idle.

Haven’t had a chance to test drive to see if the cold start coming to a stop stall issue is resolved or if the 80%-full throttle fourth gear bog is gone or not?

Loving the look and operation of the unit so far.

Install was straight forward with both units and the instructions supplied. Sound deadening and insulation is way harder and more time intensive.

Used a gates TR22495 for Alt, WP, CRK and gates TR 22588 for Comp, WP, CRK, although I running an aftermarket WP pulley to allow for the newer larger more blades fan on a clutch with a new water pump.

Hopefully water temps will remain good with an entirely new coolant system.

Although I can’t recommend an aluminum radiator to anyone and I’ll never buy another after this one. Had leaks out of the box new and had to repair those with muggy weld. It doesn’t cool any better than the stock unit and other than weight there is no benefit unless your into bling?
IMG_4018.jpeg
IMG_4019.jpeg
IMG_4020.jpeg
IMG_4021.jpeg
IMG_4022.jpeg

Nice looking! Was the alternator upgrade a requirement from Vintage Air? I thought I read where they wanted a 50 amp vs. 30 amp, but then don't you have to the voltage regular and is the 30 Amp gauge in the cluster okay?

Can I ask who you bought the Vintage Air system from? I'm shopping...

Nice looking! Was the alternator upgrade a requirement from Vintage Air? I thought I read where they wanted a 50 amp vs. 30 amp, but then don't you have to the voltage regular and is the 30 Amp gauge in the cluster okay?

Can I ask who you bought the Vintage Air system from? I'm shopping...
Thanks, Vintage recommends a 100 amp I believe, but you can easily not upgrade if you already have a 50 or 55amp alt. The OEM gauge cluster will not tolerate over 50 amps. I have a voltmeter in the Dakota digital gauges,so no problems there.

I purchased direct from vintage air, was quoted six weeks build time, which took one week and had the unit by the end of the second week.

Thanks, Vintage recommends a 100 amp I believe, but you can easily not upgrade if you already have a 50 or 55amp alt. The OEM gauge cluster will not tolerate over 50 amps. I have a voltmeter in the Dakota digital gauges,so no problems there.

I purchased direct from vintage air, was quoted six weeks build time, which took one week and had the unit by the end of the second week.
Much appreciated!

Nice install. I installed mine a couple years ago but haven't been driving it too much in summer months either, so I had not yet charged it until the other day. It does add a good amount of cooling but I will say I understand why I've seen some pretty sweet custom vents added through the dash padding and such for example. Because the air is very centralized at your legs or right side of the body while the left side is still cooking lol.
But overall I still think it is a good upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom