Steering Wheel Refurbishment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Any businesses or individuals in the DFW area you would recommend to replace the worn leather rim on the steering wheel and the leather on the shift lever? After 270k miles, finally getting worn enough to replace.

Thanks!

Dallas Custom Steering Wheel.

Be aware that if the core is toast they can’t fix it, at least not like new. They do a good job and stand behind their work but we have had one the core needed repaired and the finished job was soso.

Cheers

@new96FJ80 Been discussed, try a search in this forum using terms like:

steering wheel repair recovered refurb refurbish leather etc, etc

Last edited:
Dallas Custom Steering Wheel.

Be aware that if the core is toast they can’t fix it, at least not like new. They do a good job and stand behind their work but we have had one the core needed repaired and the finished job was soso.

Cheers
Thanks, this is really helpful!

+3 - they've done the last three 80 wheels for me - they can also do your shifter or transfer knob or center console lid / arm rest etc....

I opted for a bit more foam to increase the diameter for my last two wheels and really like that option.

Cheers

E

I just sent mine to Craft Customs in Rockwall Texas last month. I also had them add foam to increase the grip thickness. They did a fabulous job- so much so that I'm sending them my Supra wheel next.

IMG_3593.jpeg

I just sent mine to Craft Customs in Rockwall Texas last month. I also had them add foam to increase the grip thickness. They did a fabulous job- so much so that I'm sending them my Supra wheel next.

How much

nm...got the two vendors confused

Last edited:
We get Craft Customs to do all ours. They always do a great job. If the foam has separated they will fix it. Turn around is usually 2-4 weeks.

We get Craft Customs to do all ours. They always do a great job. If the foam has separated they will fix it. Turn around is usually 2-4 weeks.
+ 1. They did my wheel and shifter. Cleanest part of my whole rig.

Craft Customs did my '93 steering wheel and shifter back in 2018. Including adding padding to the wheel. Wheel was $349. Shifter was $125.
The quote from Dallas was $429 for the padded wheel and $115 for the shifter.

The work was outstanding. I don't have pics. That 80 was sold in 2020.

+4 Dallas steering wheel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom