Builds Spyduh's Crawler80 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PHH bypass green gates 18in and breeze constant tq clamps. Sleeved to protect hose.

Installed OEM Fuel filter. Tip. Notch the back fuel filter bracket. Install back bolt loosely and slide on. Tigthen rear and front bolts. Makes life easy with a notched install.

I also usually notch the bottom hardline bracket too if I was reusing it. This time I gave up and did bypass. Way faster than the stupid short phh.

Remounted my bypass shock and buttoned up all the brackets.

20210408_173455.jpg

20210408_200426.jpg

20210408_200446.jpg

20210408_180952.jpg

20210408_200415.jpg

Last edited:
Removed all paper clip cooler bolts and hoses.

Replaced power steering box low pressure side with PSC 17mm to AN6 fitting.

Need to back off my bumper tomorrow and remove oem paper clip cooler to fit in derale and install new cooler. Hydros is one setup closer to ready.

My buddy took my front and rear 3rd members and install kit home with him today. I'm hoping my 5.29s get back feom cryo treating shop tomorrow so I can do my gears on Sunday.

Agenda for tomorrow after work....

Install Derale cooler and AN6 ans AN10 lines to the PSC RES, ps pump and ps box.

Measure OEM drag link then cut my DOM tube and weld on the new bungs.

Finish weld front housing and then weld reinforcements for the housing steering stops.

20210408_200524.jpg

20210408_201050.jpg

Looking good your knocking it out.

Looking good your knocking it out.
Thanks. It was very slow going for like 2 months. Took me the 2 months to mount the 39 tires on the beadlocks and trim all 4 wheel wells.

Ive had more motivation lately that everything is torn apart and it also helps that day light savings and spring gave me more wrenching daylight after work.

Been knocking it out every day solid now.
I'm hoping at this rate I'll have her fully built by end of month. That gives May to do a a Hollister test run 1st wkend May. Then a week to work out the kinks and go back the following to do another test run. That should line me up for fully ready by Rutihon event

Last edited:
Thanks. It was very slow going for like 2 months. Took me the 2 months to mount the 39 tires on the beadlocks and trim all 4 wheel wells.

Ive had more motivation lately that everything is torn apart and it also helps that day light savings and spring gave me more wrenching daylight after work.

Been knocking it out every day solid now.
I'm hoping at this rate I'll have her fully built by end of month. That gives May to do a a Hollister test run 1st wkend May. Then a week to work out the kinks and go back the following to do another test run. That should line me up for fully ready by Rutihon event
Is it really ever done? I hope not.....

Is it really ever done? I hope not.....
We all know the truth to that. Never ever.
Im just saying its done enough for the next event. Till i break it and have to fix something. Lol

For me... wrenching on it is part of the enjoyment it ranks as high as wheeling it. The build process is what I love to do.

Knuckle day. Set the preload on my first try.
Using @NLXTACY wits end nut huggers. Joey likes hugging my nuts tight.

Waiting for my 529s gears for cryo treating then I can get them installed next. So the rest of the front end can go back together.

Edit... One thing to mention. All 8 of my knuckle stud were loose enough for me to turn by hand!!!! Busted out the etorx bit and cranked down hard on them. Previous owner or installer did not tighten them down. I can't believe I drove to hammers and back and did not snap a stud. Yes, I did my typical nut and bolt check. That doesn't do much if the studs are loooooose.

20210411_154356.jpg

20210411_145149.jpg

20210411_154339.jpg

20210411_140124.jpg

20210411_161506.jpg

Last edited:
Finally after 3 tries I got the right AN10 fitting from Amazon. Sigh. Its all buttoned up and I can't try the hydro cause my diff and axles aren't in.

Worked on the quarter inch thick drag link bar. Cut off the old ends and tappes in my fj80 TRE threaded bungs with my EMF beeeef TREs.

Agenda for tomorrow.
Pickup 4 sets of cryo treated ring and pinnion gears and drop them off to my buddies.
Weld the TRE bungs on the drag link rod.
Remove fan clutch, belts and pop off the crank bolt. If I have time I will remove front crank seal and oil pump seal for replacment.

20210411_155620.jpg

20210411_194511.jpg

20210411_190932.jpg

Last edited:
Finally after 3 tries I got the right AN10 fitting from Amazon. Sigh. Its all buttoned up and I can't try the hydro cause my diff and axles aren't in.

Worked on the quarter inch thick drag link bar. Cut off the old ends and tappes in my fj80 TRE threaded bungs with my EMF beeeef TREs.

Agenda for tomorrow.
Pickup 4 sets of cryo treated ring and pinnion gears and drop them off to my buddies.
Weld the TRE bungs on the drag link rod.
Remove fan clutch, belts and pop off the crank bolt. If I have time I will remove front crank seal and oil pump seal for replacment.

View attachment 2642807

View attachment 2642808

View attachment 2642809
Haha, I have a small pile NA fittings left over after my Hydro install as well.

Chain wrench and breaker bar with a cheater and crank bolt wont move.

Then breaker bar, bungee and bump start and crank still won't break off

Chain wrench and breaker bar and floor jack won't break it loose.

I went through this same thing on Turbo80 and it came off with the floor jack method.

I give up today. My buddies coming over tomorrow real quick to get both of us on it with a 6 foot cheater bar and chain wrench. He's bringing my front diff too cause he finished setting up my 5.29.

I did get my Slee 4s and a oem idler pulley in the mail. Will go on next after I do oil seal and front main seal.

20210413_180524.jpg

20210413_172552.jpg

20210413_172834.jpg

Chain wrench and breaker bar with a cheater and crank bolt wont move.

Then breaker bar, bungee and bump start and crank still won't break off

Chain wrench and breaker bar and floor jack won't break it loose.

I went through this same thing on Turbo80 and it came off with the floor jack method.

I give up today. My buddies coming over tomorrow real quick to get both of us on it with a 6 foot cheater bar and chain wrench. He's bringing my front diff too cause he finished setting up my 5.29.

I did get my Slee 4s and a oem idler pulley in the mail. Will go on next after I do oil seal and front main seal.

View attachment 2644794

View attachment 2644795

View attachment 2644796
What are the springs - Slee progressives?

Front 4 medium and Rear 4 heavy progressive
Really interested to hear how they work out for you. My Icons didn't cut it for the weight of my rig. Dobbies on the way, but always good to figure out the next option of they suck too.

The Slees look like they're the same length passenger to driver side - Or is that just the picture?

Really interested to hear how they work out for you. My Icons didn't cut it for the weight of my rig. Dobbies on the way, but always good to figure out the next option of they suck too.

The Slees look like they're the same length passenger to driver side - Or is that just the picture?
Diff. Taller. Image angle. See slee for specs.

Word on the street is Dobi and slee made in same factory just way diff specs and thickness.
See @GW Nugget suspension thread for comparison.

I've had OME, Toughdog, Ironman, Dobi and Slee in my hands. Yup Slees are no comparison. Heavy and thick compared to the rest. @baldilocks sold me on these. Im pretty sure I'm going to be very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom