SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (1 Viewer)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to Casey, all the Johnsons, Cd as well as all the participants, supporters, and vendors. A incredible event that is really special. We are looking forward to SAS4 and may even have a little one joining us.

Incredible time and made a trip my wife and I will always remember.

Just made it home yesterday after 4,946 miles. We cut our trip short a few days as my wife wasn’t feeling good and I didn’t want to push my luck even further!

Our venture to Los Angeles only lasted 2 hours as the Airbnb we booked was a total fail. No worries though, it was pretty hilarious and we made the best of it driving non stop back to Grand Junction!

Wow and I thought we did a lot of miles! Great to see you again and glad you're home. If you ever get the urge to see the Appalachians just let me know.

Not perfect, but it's a lot better than it was. Also got to apply a little bling.

IMG_7131.jpeg

IMG_7134.jpeg

a really cool dude (Mitch Davis) from PA when we hit the top of Engineer pass. He shot this video of us (Jason, McVicker, Ryan, Zach, Kevin, Will and then the diesel bringing up the rear. Awesome shots and really appreciate him sending this over.

a really cool dude (Mitch Davis) from PA when we hit the top of Engineer pass. He shot this video of us (Jason, McVicker, Ryan, Zach, Kevin, Will and then the diesel bringing up the rear. Awesome shots and really appreciate him sending this over.

Nice drone work man! Who shot that?
Mitch Davis from PA. He and his significant other were on KTM dual sports and kind enough to film us. I believe we can convert him to cruisers :). At least expand his interest into the solid axle Toyota’s!!!

Mitch Davis from PA. He and his significant other were on KTM dual sports and kind enough to film us. I believe we can convert him to cruisers :). At least expand his interest into the solid axle Toyota’s!!!
Nice work for sure.

I was browsing a video on the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum website and learned of a much newer (through at least 2007) Land Cruiser model that meets the SAS criteria, but from what I understand it can't be imported to the US. And it was available in both petrol and diesel versions. Could be a more comfortable and modern alternative when I get really old :). So it looks like FJ40s and FJ60s are in the future for me.

1566397599265.png

I was browsing a video on the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum website and learned of a much newer (through at least 2007) Land Cruiser model that meets the SAS criteria, but from what I understand it can't be imported to the US. And it was available in both petrol and diesel versions. Could be a more comfortable and modern alternative when I get really old :). So it looks like FJ40s and FJ60s are in the future for me.

View attachment 2063429

Late fall 2022 will be when the first 105s will age-in for import.

Late fall 2022 will be when the first 105s will age-in for import.
Good to know - I'll be down to two Land Cruisers by then, my '71 FJ40 and my '86 FJ60. I might just have to start building back my fleet count in 2022 :). And my wife and I are long overdue for a trip to the Heritage Museum, but we'll definitely be there for a visit well before 2022.

Black Bear casualty. Driver and dog okay! Stole off fb.
F6A7F525-B92E-4521-A7D0-8BED72703E81.jpeg
B55EC6D1-AE30-40E4-A1F7-224ADCEAC927.jpeg

That area in the steps can be pretty loose and off camber. The guy was alone except for his dog so no spotter. I'm betting he stayed too far right and slipped it sideways in a low spot on the left.

Here’s the full story:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom