SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (2 Viewers)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

POTATO LAUNCHER

TLCA #6928
Threads
SAS #3 dates are 8/04/2019 to 8/10/2019.

Solid Axle Summit is a loosely organized meet up of any Toyota 4X4 vehicle that is equipped with a Solid Front Axle. Any LandCruiser, 4Runner, Mini Truck aka Hilux. Anything that has been Solid Axle swapped is welcome also. Our purpose is to get a great group of like minded Toyota enthusiasts in one spot from all parts of this Mud Community together for one week to do what these vehicles were made to do. Drive several hundred or thousands of miles, wheel some of the most Iconic trails and see amazing scenery from altitudes as high as high as 13,130’ in the majestic San Juan Mountains of Colorado. Then drive them to your next destination. We will have experienced trail leaders for those of you who are new to the area.

Trails will include but will not be limited to Imogene Pass, Alpine Loop, Engineer Pass, Cork Screw Pass, California Pass, Stoney Pass, Governors Basin, Yankee Boy Basin, Animas Forks, Poughkeepsie Gulch and last but not least BlackBear Pass. All of the trails we will be leading require a good mechanically sound vehicle, please have your brakes and tires in proper order. All but Poughkeepsie Gulch are easily done with minor lift, good tires and the ability to drive off road. We feel the majority of people that have these old trucks and are willing to drive them here have what it takes to successfully navigate the trails. I can assure you that if you have any issues while in attendance we will have some of, if not the best, group of Mud people with tools and skills to get you back on line.

This is a Family Friendly event, please bring your kids. SAS is a Family Reunion of sorts. I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new people each year. Pets are welcome as well as long as they are people and other pet friendly. We don’t want you to leave the Fur Kids out of the fun.

We do not provide meals so please plan accordingly. KOA Ouray has a restaurant on sight that has breakfast and dinner. The town of Ouray has many places to eat and many trails will have a lunch destination in Silverton, Telluride, Ridgeway or Lake City. Supplies are readily available also, Groceries, gas, diesel, and there is a well stocked Ace Hardware on main street.

The Jade Bean will be a sponsor again brewing his tasty coffee for all attendees every morning on site. Show up at his Coffee Trailer with cup in hand and enjoy. Many thanks Daniel for providing his fresh ground coffee to get our day started off.

If you can’t attend the whole week please plan on coming anyway. We don’t want to limit your attendance by having a set schedule. The only thing set in stone will be a Group Photo and small raffle on Wednesday night. This allows late arrival or early departure since many have two or three days of travel to get to SAS.

SAS has grown al little each year and we want to keep it that way. SAS #2 had a goal of 50 vehicles. That was easily achieved in short time. This year we are capping it at 75, this is the limit for group attendance without having to apply for permits and legal red tape through the state and county. SAS is a first come sign up opportunity offered only on the IH8Mud Forum. I will keep a waitlist when the max is reached. If a spot becomes available the next in line will be offered. A list of attendees will be maintained below this post so you can verify your status.

How to sign up?

It’s as simple as sending your information to solidaxle2018@gmail.com

Cost of registration is $75. This includes an event shirt, trail flag, vehicle stickers, swagbag and a very cool limited edition grill badge. Extra shirts are available for $20 ea.

The information I need from you is as follows…

Your Name,

Mud user name, email address easily reached phone contact

State represented

Year and make of Toyota / Lexus

Shirt sizes and quantities.

Payment is by PayPal using solidaxle2018@gmail.com send as a Gift / Friend please. Include your Mud User name in PayPal comments so I can match with your registration.
This is a non profit type event and all moneys are put back into making the next SAS possible.

Ouray KOA was very happy with our group and has agreed to place us together again. Make sure you specify in the comments section where you complete your reservations “SAS #3” for those that want to camp together.

Ouray, Colorado Campground | Ouray KOA

We are allowing this years event color to be chosen by the Mud Community. A poll at the top of this thread will have FJ40 colors to vote on. Shirts and Trail Flags will color coordinate from here on out. Once that color is used it will be different for next year.

Feel free to contact Mcguire, @mcguirejohnson, Jimmy, @CenTXFJ60 and Jeff, @fl4031003 or myself Casey, @POTATO LAUNCHER with any concerns.

Last edited:
This is where you can confirm your registration. I will adjust and update as data is received.

States represented:
AZ- 4
CA- 8
CO- 17
FL- 2
GA- 1
IL- 1
KS- 2
MA- 2
ME- 1
MI- 2
MO- 7
MS- 1
NM- 2
OK- 2
TX- 12
UT- 1
WA- 2
-----------
Total- 75

FJ40- 11
FJ55- 2
FJ60- 20
HJ61- 2
FJ62- 7
BJ70- 2
BTJ85- 1
FJ80/ LX450- 19
HDJ81- 3
HJ141- 1 Our "Special" friend and co-director MJ
4 Runner- 1

Attendees for 2019 ♣ 3 year ♦ 2 year
Directors:
@POTATO LAUNCHER
@mcguirejohnson
@CenTXFJ60
@fl4031003
@BombCity
@ceylonfj40nut
@CaptClose

Attending sponsors:
@dogfishlakeBowfin Cruisers | Michigan, USA
@The Jade BeanHome - The Jade Bean
@ddelong6767http://wellsorted.com/
@cruiserjunktion Cruiser Junktion | eBay Stores
@Parkair310 Cruiser Convoy

Non attending sponsors:
@TRAIL TAILOR Featured Products
SeatBelt Planet Aftermarket & Replacement Seat Belts | SeatbeltPlanet.com™
SoulCraft Brewing Soulcraft Brewing - Production craft brewery with tasting room, beer garden, and an onsite food container in Salida, Colorado - Home
Renegade Brewing https://renegadebrewing.com/

Attendees:
@Dirtydawg
@Jason hansen ♣ Trail Leader
@thatcabledude
@Ocho77
@Yackster
@abtx4x4
@murf
@cornboy
@Pitch
@John McVicker
@2mountainfish
@mattressking
@DickM
@Kleatus
@NookShneer
@4Cruisers ♣ Trail Leader
@mesa man
@gt7058a
@Rockymtnreaper
@doughboy
@iCruiser
@Beastiethe70
@rhah ♣ Trail Leader
@offrd63
@HemiAlex
@Saddletramp
@ajax1 ♣ Trail Leader
@Jason Andrews
@rusty_sherpa
@EasternYeti
@someotherfriend
@CheyenneTrucker ♦ Trail Leader
@dr.pow
@samtoddlee
@overequipt
@Atexsouth
@The Machinist
@kmj64
Andrew Schmit (not a Mud Member yet). No pressure Man.
@xtiaan2000
@40diesel Trail Leader
@goldiefawn
Greg Mertz ♦
@REKCUT
@MoJ
@The Eradicator
@8cam
@wfd175
@Darran Douglas
@JTU
@fjc-man
@HankThe60Beast
@shastariver
@Dilspec

Last edited:
We had a tie of Olive and Dune Beige at the time of the Poll for color choices closing.
It was decided to flip a coin as a tie breaker and Dune Beige won the toss.
Thanks to everyone that voted, Dune beige will be removed from next years poll and a new color will be voted on again for SAS #4.

Stay tuned fellers. We are finalizing a list of sponsors that I know will not disappoint. That Information will be added in this post #3 area.
Casey..

Last edited:
Whoo hoo!

Patrick Emerson aka dogfishlake, my youngest daughter, and....Buddy

Michigan

Vehicle - 1987 FJ60, or whatever is ready.

Last edited:
Trying to make it work, it’s my 25th anniversary so I have to keep everyone happy, I’ll let you know.

In. Registered.

Jonathan Trotter, aka Ocho77, my wife and two daughters (3 & 10)..maybe our lab.

Michigan

97...probably. Or 84.

Last edited:
It’s gonna be epic...AGAIN!! Bringing the Jag “Troopy” and a backup vehicle with coffee supplies. It’ll be me, my bride, my 9yr old son and 5yr old daughter. Coming from DFW, TX. Sending payment soon. -Daniel Kent
9755177B-EB5A-4DBF-A815-A0AC50FA19CD.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone that wants to be close to the coffee, we reserved spot 50. You gotta call or email to reserve a specific spot fyi.

Maureen & I have signed up.

California.

Just sent the email, $$ also.

Thanks, John

Note don't forget: @EasternYeti @rhah @2mountainfish

We did an on line registration @ KOA & at least 'requested' the same site as we had last year...47-A.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom