Porsche 356 Speedster Replica (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Jade Bean

Figuring out life still.
SILVER Star
Threads
I bought my other dream car and it showed up today. I got a good deal on it with current market prices, but it has a lot of little things that need addressed. I posting here since I’m on MUD anyway and I don’t care to join another forum and sort through the whole “you’re a newbie” thing.

It fits nicely in the garage, but I need to clean up a bit more for ease of moving around. Hopefully soon I’ll get my lift installed. Here’s a few pics and I’ll post up more details soon.
IMG_2951.jpeg
IMG_2953.jpeg
IMG_2963.jpeg
IMG_2964.jpeg

1600 CC?
1970’s VW Frame?

Last edited:
Saving this spot for more details.

Does it actually have a Porsche engine in it or does it have a VW since it's a replica?

Does it actually have a Porsche engine in it or does it have a VW since it's a replica?
It’s a souped 1600 twin carb VW engine. I’ll post some pics soon. I’m going to try and determine the CC’s.

It’s a souped 1600 twin carb VW engine. I’ll post some pics soon. I’m going to try and determine the CC’s.
So is it actually on a Bug frame or is it a custom frame?

So is it actually on a Bug frame or is it a custom frame?
It’s like a hybrid. It starts on a bug frame that’s cut and shortened and then slightly modded for the body. A lot of bug suspension is used. This one has 4 wheel disk brakes. The info I got was not complete so once I get it on the lift I plan to dig into it and sort out the info.

She’s registered and inspected. ✅ The paperwork was a little weird with it coming from Alabama, but they said there shouldn’t be any issues with the title. 🙏🏻

I’m going to install my MaxJax lift in my garage for the 356. I’m working on figuring out the best place to lift these replicas without causing damage. I found these nifty, but expensive bolt on points. Also I see some using blocks of wood.
IMG_2979.jpeg
IMG_2978.jpeg

I’m going to install my MaxJax lift in my garage for the 356. I’m working on figuring out the best place to lift these replicas without causing damage. I found these nifty, but expensive bolt on points. Also I see some using blocks of wood.
View attachment 3539956View attachment 3539957
Just make darn sure you get your uprights vertical by shimming. it's best to grout them if there is enough room, otherwise shim fully across the sides if they need to "lean" one direction. Make sure it is well supported around the Hilti epoxy anchors you're going to install.

Just make darn sure you get your uprights vertical by shimming. it's best to grout them if there is enough room, otherwise shim fully across the sides if they need to "lean" one direction. Make sure it is well supported around the Hilti epoxy anchors you're going to install.
Well I’m not using the epoxy ones, but I will shim for sure.

Well I’m not using the epoxy ones, but I will shim for sure.
Just make sure the anchors are rated for the application. It would sure suck to have your Troopy (or some future vehicle) on the hoist, just to have the anchors pull out of the floor and tip over and causing great harm to you or your property.

This is the wheel setup I eventually want.
IMG_2986.jpeg

I got that job and got my new top latches installed.
IMG_3104.jpeg

Took the girl to a VW car show. One of the guys there thinks the frame is from a 70’s VW.
IMG_3116.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a leather keychain made for me.
IMG_3175.jpeg

Loving this look.
IMG_3195.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom