SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (2 Viewers)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I've had to change my plans and the 40 won't be making it this year. I just couldn't get it dialed in before we leave next week and I was uncomfortable taking it without enough shake down miles. Fortunately I have 2 other Cruisers in the wings, so I'll be bringing the 80 this year and will properly sort out the 40 when we get back.

I'm actually surprised @HemiAlex didn't twist my arm more to bring the 60.

IMG_7848.JPG

I believe @REKCUT is doing the kokopelli trail instead of Rimrocker (which takes you into Montrose). He posted a thread with more details in the same section.
@dogfishlake

Doing either Kokopelli or Dolores triangle route into moab from grand junction (water level will determine route) and should be arriving into moab on Sundayish. Will take rim rocker from there into ouray. John is welcome to join if our dates match but we aren't planning on hitting Ouray till Wednesday. Not really on a schedule other than reservations at KOA start Wed.

Well, I've had to change my plans and the 40 won't be making it this year. I just couldn't get it dialed in before we leave next week and I was uncomfortable taking it without enough shake down miles. Fortunately I have 2 other Cruisers in the wings, so I'll be bringing the 80 this year and will properly sort out the 40 when we get back.

I'm actually surprised @HemiAlex didn't twist my arm more to bring the 60.

View attachment 2034555

Nobody but me is crazy enough to drive drive a 60 from Texas. I’m proud of that.

If I decide i want to be lazy and only sleep at the camp site and only pack a lunch for the day, are we pretty close to grocery stores and restaurants in Ouray?

Yessir, there is a small well stocked grocery store in Ouray. Happens to be right next to the liquor store. There a larger grocery store just up the road in Ridgeway.
As far as restaurants, Ouray is a tourist town so food from burgers and truffle fries to thick cut steaks and baked taters. There is an ACE Hardware on Main street that is well stocked with everything.

I do believe the KOA we are at has a restaurant as well. Breakfast is available and I think they have a BBQ Dinner a couple of evenings.

Spent the day with @gt7058a throw’n down some metal on some bumper kits. Thanks to @Kleatus for handling the Seattle Group buy and giving the design inspiration.

Needs more clean up and maybe some paint.

Excited to get to the road soon.

C21BF2C9-F5E3-416E-9746-3F544309A13B.jpeg
081FAA19-4254-436B-92EA-BCED84400218.jpeg
BF7AE21B-8D0F-4B48-BC62-6A28B99F3F0E.jpeg
8FBF6DAC-4B77-4590-9AFD-B47056D8B8DA.jpeg

Been following the HIH thread and with all of them packing up and hitting the trail its making this last bit a waiting extremely difficult.

So is there anyone coming from the Phoenix area that had room for two front 60 seats and a winch? @Nifski was planning a mud ship for me but due to other commitments had to cancel this trip. If so and you’re able to carry this stuff to Ouray I’ll definaty help out with travel expenses etc.
thanks,
Jimmy

Impressive. Anyone know which trail this is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom