rear body mounts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hola

Stil haven’t pulled the trigger in the seat direction. Have stallllllled waiting for the bell housing conversion.

But while I wait I’m thinking one more trip with the current roller. Have been trying to get out to Death Valley for sooo long. Stil haven’t been, but did get to the valley over called Panement Valley to meet LJ for the Panement Days Event.
Amazing
This country we live in is quite special! The landscapes were striking. As well, fun wheeling tracks. We did a trail called Jackpot and followed that with Coyote. You know old mines and such.

Passenger front stoped opening from inside. I had to walk around to let my passenger out. :(. And got a double flat!!!! One of the other rigs was a 60 so I was saved. From the 60 guy, “well you are rolling on four now, but if I get a flat you’ll be back on three.” I think he was in his late 70s and was named John #3. My guy!

Was this his rig?

8B5E206D-7477-463E-B7B6-E15E2548580B.jpeg

If so you were saved by @John McVicker. John rally’s hard on the trails. 🤘😎🤘

Yup. He’s my guy.

Some seat pictures. Down the back with some plate. On the inside bottom corners there was a 1/2” gap. Pressed it back together and mega tacked it. Not too sexy but hella strong!
Painted it all black so no one could see it.
14597BA9-3AC3-4F04-BAAD-4E7B14E40E31.jpeg
3E3146D8-BF1F-4C2B-A0D8-543773F9F9D9.jpeg
1B17CEB9-5209-4D4B-8995-43476D8A972E.jpeg

The arms were covered w this terrible padding. Gonna fab some stuff up to make them smaller and cleaner, and then have the upholster guy cover it to make it look sweeeeet!
image.jpg

Thinking a flat piece on top and weld some sides on too.

image.jpg

The arms were covered w this terrible padding. Gonna fab some stuff up to make them smaller and cleaner, and then have the upholster guy cover it to make it look sweeeeet!View attachment 2852323

Thinking a flat piece on top and weld some sides on too.

Well the seats are at the man’s shop. Back/ bottom seat heater should be arriving on Fri and then their in his hands. Still have to work on the arm rests. Gonna try to make something cool, sycked!

Got the belts back and they look really nice. Gonna paint the plastics to really bring it home. I am going to run a bar across to which I’ll mount the aft end of the seats. Thinking of getting the belts on there as well.
EC2B2708-213B-49D9-B603-3643EC4D6695.jpeg
774921A5-0EEC-45A6-B5EC-DEC2CD1D3F6B.jpeg
B02CCB44-5C6C-41ED-BE36-AADA17EA2B8A.jpeg
image.jpg

I’m thinking maybe a nice piece of pine.

Happy and sad.
I have ground to halt.
I got my seats back but been told that the bell housing won’t be ready till mid Feb. The way that thing is going I am not holding my breath!

F3E98521-E1FF-4F57-90CA-1E7C5FDAE62C.jpeg

The seats are fun. Way happy about how they look. They match the SOR rear seat new covers and I have put in seat heaters as well.

Now gonna finish the arm rests. I made one out if wood first but want to change it to a hard foam because the wood will be too heavy. I think they will always fall down when placed up. Just gotta find the place to buy the foam I want.

I will be able to make a more attractive shape as well. Alrhough the wood in the pic had not been sanded and shaped. :/

When I get what I want I will have them wrapped to match the seats.

2D7CD368-C74F-4E3B-A1CE-BA256F08DC74.jpeg

6999EA57-FD5B-475D-A378-D1959C590F68.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom