Re-Re-Freshed Pig (Prodigal Piggy Back In The Family) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Plenty of wrecked '75 and older pigs. You can do a "body" swap and suddenly you have an old pig with a clean '78 body.

Re: All the Calirado comments - you’re absolutely right. Love Denver, hate the rules. Worth it to have the Lambos in Cherry Creek stare at the divine swine when she rolls by though…

Many residents here in Steamboat are probably torn between thumbs up for my troopy or flipping me off for the black smoke coming from the tail pipe!!!!
They hate themselves for loving you?

UPDATE
Somehow I got plates for the iron pig. I didn’t take an emissions test nor did they ask for one. I just paid the fee online hoping that it would go through and it went through.

There’s no way that should’ve happened.

Now I do not have to go through failing emissions, doing the fake repairs to get a $700 bill, failing emissions again and then ask for an exception. I got the plates. That is all that matters. God bless the government and inefficient agencies like the DMV.

They just showed up in the mail yesterday unannounced.

I had a few tequilas to celebrate.

UPDATE
Was driving home from playing some golf when I heard a "PING!" and then started to smell gas. I didn't think much of it since I had the rear tailgate down which usually invites the exhaust fumes to come into the cab anyways and I just got off of a gravel road so I figured the "PING" was a rock letting loose from the tires. I continued on my way for another 10 miles or so until I got home. When I got out of the cab, I heard hissing from under the hood and REALLY smelled gas. Looking under the car, fuel was pouring out from the bottom of the motor. I grabbed my fire extinguisher and cautiously opened the hood to find a fountain of gas pouring onto a very hot motor!

I have no idea how this didn't turn into a massive fire. The gas was sizzling as it poured onto the motor. I'm not sure how many lives pigs have, but this surely took one or two off of the total. After things cooled down, I was able to diagnose what actually happened. One of the fuel lines to the carb blew off due to high pressure in the heat (it was 90+ degrees that day and I was driving the pig on the highway at 60mph for an hour). It's an after-market carb (that came on the rig) and the elbow that fits into the left side is a pressure fitting that is supposed to have "J" bracket around the fuel line to keep it from blowing off. The "j" bracket was not installed which meant that the elbow had nothing to keep the pressure fit in place...so it blew off.
IMG_1028.jpeg

I've been waiting to get this pig down to @RLMS all summer anyways and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I loaded her up on the trailer and she's now in good hands to get all fixed up with a re-built FJ-60 Carb and all kinds of other new goodies.

IMG_1110.JPEG

So, she's in @RLMS 's hands now for some well deserved TLC and I'm thankful I didn't have a huge fire on my hands.

I don't understand what let loose? All you should have for fuel lines are fuel supply and return line.

If the fuel supply let loose, she would have stopped running.

I guess it could be the return line if you have a lot of pressure built up in the tank, the pressure could have pushed the fuel back up the line to the carb?

How full was the tank?

Hard to show without the part but the repair manual shows it pretty well. I do think it was the return line that let loose. Tank was 3/4 full. I opened up the gas cap to relieve some pressure which helped also.
2E8CE6FE-4E46-4EB9-BD04-F54C08394AF7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom