Racefiend's CA Legal 1992 LS Swap Build Thread

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Morro Bay, At the edge of the Pacific ocean
I agree with ceylonfj40nut about the brass radiator !

Where will the battery now reside ?

Nice work and attention to detail !! thanks for sharing.

Those brass radiators do not cool as well. I would switch to a TYC aluminum. Do it before shroud mods.

I'm going to stick with this one and see how it performs first. I'd prefer to have brass over plastic if it will get the job done.
I agree with ceylonfj40nut about the brass radiator !

Where will the battery now reside ?

Nice work and attention to detail !! thanks for sharing.

I'm going to make a tray to fit between the expansion tank and firewall. The pics are a bit deceiving. There is a ton of room there. I'll probably increase group size to the largest I can fit.

ceylonfj40nut

Waiting for Barn Time
SILVER Star
It gets to 226+C quickly. If you tow or climb passes it will be an issue.

ceylonfj40nut

Waiting for Barn Time
SILVER Star
Nope. Blue fan clutch. Aisin. Moved to TYC and 15k fluid in fan clutch. Works very well now. TYC cools better than OEM in my opinion. Even though they are plastic reservoirs they last 20 years.

Nope. Blue fan clutch. Aisin. Moved to TYC and 15k fluid in fan clutch. Works very well now. TYC cools better than OEM in my opinion. Even though they are plastic reservoirs they last 20 years.

Well I'll definitely go with the TYC if this one doesn't keep up. I'm hoping to have it running by the end of the month. We'll be hitting 100+ degrees a plenty during that time. Perfect for seeing what this rad will do with an HD clutch on the LS. It will give me a reason to melt more aluminum if I have to mod the shroud again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom