Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the leaking power steering pressure lines today (parts ala Stump). Crowfoot ratchet to the rescue! Drained the system of the ancient black goo and bled it with beautiful red Mobil 1 ATF. No leaks thus far. Also traced my light bar outage to a dead relay. Organized a mixed bag of tools. Still need to check the replenishment list for fluids and spares before I hit the woods this weekend. And maybe clean and oil the new 10/22.

My old fj60 had that issue with one of the gauges (can’t remember which one). In this case, the thermostat I pulled out definitely looked pretty new but not sure what else the problem could be. Water pumps belt was on there and I assume it was turning the pump. So hopefully the new thermostat that’s arriving on Friday gets me squared away

Couldn’t make it to tech day Saturday but managed to get the front shocks in before having to pack it in. Will get the rears in one night this week.

Since it was the first hot weekend I was more interested in focusing on the AC today. I rebuilt the compressor last fall, put in new o-rings, and dryer. No luck. Despite adding dye I was able to find a leak. In March, I ordered all the parts to tear into the parts under the dash (evaporator, pressure switch, and expansion valve).

Got everything removed and the biggest pita was the high pressure line fitting where it goes through the fire wall. Feels cross threaded despite looking like it had never been touched. I didn’t replace the o-ring in it because I didn’t want to fight it then. Can I chase the threads? Is there a good shop that could put on a new fitting?

And summit racing, apparently it came straight from denso though, sent me the wrong evaporator (476-0072 but sent a 476-0027). So I wait :bang:

E5F3C5AC-87C0-4C8B-B6D1-837D6A1B3F4A.jpeg
9CF62DDE-D0FE-4972-ABBD-F9DF9EA3D25E.jpeg
9E3DA3AE-BD61-4D5F-AC92-51308C3E569E.jpeg
962761FE-3BB6-4D65-AFF8-B4127DCA8F07.jpeg
94D2471E-BB98-429D-9943-CB310758C0D9.jpeg

Last edited:
Couldn’t make it to tech day Saturday but managed to get the front shocks in before having to pack it in. Will get the rears in one night this week.

Since it was the first hot weekend I was more interested in focusing on the AC today. I rebuilt the compressor last fall, put in new o-rings, and dryer. No luck. Despite adding dye I was able to find a leak. In March, I ordered all the parts to tear into the parts under the dash (evaporator, pressure switch, and expansion valve).

Got everything removed and the biggest pita was the high pressure line fitting where it goes through the fire wall. Feels cross threaded despite looking like it had never been touched. I didn’t replace the o-ring in it because I didn’t want to fight it then. Can I chase the threads? Is there a good shop that could put on a new fitting?

And summit racing, apparently it came straight from denso though, sent me the wrong evaporator (476-0072 but sent a 476-0027). So I wait :bang:

View attachment 1980914View attachment 1980911View attachment 1980912View attachment 1980917View attachment 1980916
I have an evaporator for a good price.

Finally getting around to all the little things that need done.
All front seals done.

Working on front seat motor rebuilds this week.
New speakers all around, maybe head unit(?)

Got new(er) rear Land Cruiser emblem.
And Nwe(er) drivers visor (that doesnt flop)

Full fluid change after I get paid... Fluids are expensive..... LOL

I get to work on my BMW... big surprise there. Blew my high pressure fuel pump and possibly the charge pipe.

I'm also still searching for someone who can weld my spare tire carrier.

I get to work on my BMW... big surprise there. Blew my high pressure fuel pump and possibly the charge pipe.

@davesax36 Can you teach me and toyo94 how to weld on this thing?

View attachment 1980914View attachment 1980911View attachment 1980912View attachment 1980917View attachment 1980916
Let me know when youre working on this and I can swing by to assist if you want.

I can take a look at what you have to weld and see if I can do it...

My new rear quarter window frames came in this week. Got the window we popped out at tech day put back together ready to be roped in. Never roped a window in so might be soliciting some help if anyone is willing. Hopefully I'll be able to get DS window out without @davesax36 .

IMG_20190524_131656003.jpg
IMG_20190524_132421415.jpg

Edit: And now both sides done. I now know what @OTRAMM meant in his video about the outer weather stripping being a pain in the ass. A set of cheap picks from HF with the hook ground down and smooth did the trick. And a cup of soapy water.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom