Post your pics of your clean daily driven FJ40's (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ugly Betty

Had a day out in the Forest near my house while this was shot. Also got to see the 60th anniv edition that day
P9160001.jpg

Have been driving it to work almost daily since I got it in Aug. Will keep it out of the Iowa salt this winter but it will be out whenever I can.
FJ40.jpg

what kind of gas mileage are yall getting with 2fs? I have a 76 2f in mine with a DUI dizzy and am about a month or so from beginning DD status with it.

some cool rigs....let's see more!!!!

what kind of gas mileage are yall getting with 2fs? I have a 76 2f in mine with a DUI dizzy and am about a month or so from beginning DD status with it.

There's a lot of existing threads on this topic, but I am getting 13-14 mpg pretty consistently on mine, 15+ with a perfect tail wind or downhill from the mountains. De-smogged 2F, stock carb, re-curved FJ60 distributor, 3.7 diffs, and 33" tires.

F Motor

I get between 12-15 depending on my drive. Most of my commute is short and a few days a week I finally get a longer commute that gets a chance to warm up cold Utah right! Original f motor 58k original miles and recently rebuilt and tuned carb thanks to Will C the Shadetree Mechanic.

Hope this helps.

1911 and Micah...thanks for the input....I dont get much better in my 4runner so im excited about DD the 40.....ill post pics once the suspension and top are done.

Over a year in the shop! Finally done!

Clean and better than new!
cruiser restore.jpg

About as clean as it will ever be only cause it came out of the body shop a couple of weeks ago. I'd call it a every-other-daily-driver.
image-1448837977.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom