Poll: What size tires are you running? (1 Viewer)

What size tires are you running?

• 38" or larger

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 37"

Votes: 31 13.7%
  • 35"

Votes: 78 34.4%
  • 34"

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 33"

Votes: 80 35.2%
  • 32" or OEM

Votes: 19 8.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

285s BFGs on stock rims. Mild lift. Not a daily driver.

image.jpg

Seems an LS swap, supercharger or turbo is in order when wheeling with 37s. Lol!
The wheeling part is fine bc that does necessarily require a lot of HP, at least not the kind I do mostly.

315/75r16

Currently used as garage art, but was mainly a weekend wheeler and camper prior to the engine blowing. 315's just look appropriate on a 3" lift. 37's look better, but I wouldn't do it without regear and a tire carrier bumper. Even the 315's are marginal in both these aspects, but they look good and perform well on the trail and get by OK on the highway even with stock gears.

My other 80 is on 265/75r16 (and the above-mentioned 80 used to be on 265's as well), which is also a good size. Can't do the harder lines like you do with the 35's, but it will still run the same trails, albeit with a little more drama (and I have been known to break some low-hanging parts like control arms, exhaust and driveshafts).

315/75r16

Currently used as garage art, but was mainly a weekend wheeler and camper prior to the engine blowing. 315's just look appropriate on a 3" lift. 37's look better, but I wouldn't do it without regear and a tire carrier bumper. Even the 315's are marginal in both these aspects, but they look good and perform well on the trail and get by OK on the highway even with stock gears.

My other 80 is on 265/75r16 (and the above-mentioned 80 used to be on 265's as well), which is also a good size. Can't do the harder lines like you do with the 35's, but it will still run the same trails, albeit with a little more drama (and I have been known to break some low-hanging parts like control arms, exhaust and driveshafts).
All while raising Heck no doubt………

35's currently used as a garage ornament and depression inducer.

Are you running the 3.11 low range gears and the high range under drive gears in the transfer case? Have you ever stripped the 8” ring and pinion? RCV shafts? Your rig looks ready to rock.
5.29's in the diff, 25% low range reduction, RCV's and Aisins up front, turbo for the highway. Have shredded the ring and pinnion before. 40's crawl better than the 37's I used to have so less skinny pedal needed. Will look at RCV's in the rear at some point.

Re-post with pictures 39s
1669769378144.png

1669769424674.png

37x12.5, dedicated toy. 4:56 gears, 8 speed transmission, no under drive, v8, ~5" suspension, light trimming to front fender corners. 1 1'/2" wheel spacers. Required timbrens on the rear to stop contact at top of the arch on full compression because I drive like a jerk. No issues up front.

Drives happily down the freeway at 90MPH with 1 flinger on the wheel, much to the dismay of the unstreetable Jeeps I wheel with.

PXL_20220926_011311859.jpg
PXL_20220925_191243527.jpg

37x12.5, dedicated toy. 4:56 gears, 8 speed transmission, no under drive, v8, ~5" suspension, light trimming to front fender corners. 1 1'/2" wheel spacers. Required timbrens on the rear to stop contact at top of the arch on full compression because I drive like a jerk. No issues up front.

Drives happily down the freeway at 90MPH with 1 flinger on the wheel, much to the dismay of the unstreetable Jeeps I wheel with.

View attachment 3181692View attachment 3181691

Hey Feld, pls let me drive your rig at 90mph when I’m in the seattle area again. I’d like to see how a rig modified like yours drives, feels and sounds at that speed. 🏎️

I run 33's, their fine, extra umph with the 4:56's. I'm old and physically its hard for my wife and I to get into higher. This is my 9th of 10 4x4's I've owned. Been down the lifted way when I was younger. But I still can go most anywhere a lifted one can go . In fact its more about the driving skills than the lift or size tires. Mines our second vehicle. We also have a GX460, but thats our daily/ nice vehicle although Its very capable.

2Lexus's.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Feld, pls let me drive your rig at 90mph when I’m in the seattle area again. I’d like to see how a rig modified like yours drives, feels and sounds at that speed. 🏎️
Sure!

Exhaust is loud, other than that it's fine. Braking could be improved.

Over 105 gets sketchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom