Poll: What size tires are you running? (1 Viewer)

What size tires are you running?

• 38" or larger

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 37"

Votes: 31 13.7%
  • 35"

Votes: 78 34.4%
  • 34"

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 33"

Votes: 80 35.2%
  • 32" or OEM

Votes: 19 8.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lumbee1

Native American
Threads
What size tires are you running on your Cruiser and is it a daily driver, weekend wheeler, dedicated trail rig, or something else.

While I would like to take mine offroad more often, 95% of the time it's used around town with brief trips to the beach, trails, or mountains. 37" tires would absolutely be overkill for cost, maintenance, and day-to-day use, but I like the look of the a 37" tire filling out the wheel well.

Last edited:
37x12.5R17s, 4.88s, ~10K/yr, Los Angeles Prius duties and family visits to Seattle if I feel like driving v flying.

I'd rather sell the 80 than go back to anything less.

IMG_1169.jpeg

IMG_1148.jpeg

IMG-1156.jpg

Powered by a now 10K miles young 1FZ-FE all new factory parts minus the valve cover which is NLA

Screenshot 2022-01-18 4.53.57 PM (1).png

Last edited:
315/75 r16 tires on my 1995 HDJ81.

So far about 6-10k miles annually. Used for weekend trips off pavement or long hauls to out of state destinations.

No regrets (well, 37s look sexier admittedly).

315/75 - 16's

Daily driver and adventure rig evolving to a weekend warrior and dedicated hunting rig.

Will probably bump up to 37's for my next set of tires.

You know I have 37's, and it's no longer my daily driver. On the current project I'm going to do 35's. 37's are really expensive, especially if your getting 5.

285/75/16 on 2 inch lift, mainly used for camping, thinking of going 35s next set.

Trail Rig 39s
Street legal but extreme built and trailed.

35’s on factory 16’s (Toyo M/T). 4.88’s. I continue to resist the peer pressure for 37’s. Truck does great on 35’s, especially regeared. About 3-4K mi/yr. Not a daily DD. More off road than on.

37” KM3’s ATM. Considering 39” KM3’s for the next set.

Get the tires you want because life is too short to sweat the justification of installing a tire that’s only 1” more rubber all the way around.

The problem is that after running 37’s in every type of situation most of us drive on and off road since 2017, my mind keeps thinking “bigger” next time. Baby steps can actually wind us up somewhere we never intended to be when it all began years ago. I put the blame squarely on MUD. :flipoff2:

Get the tires you want because life is too short to sweat the justification of installing a tire that’s only 1” more rubber all the way around.

The problem is that after running 37’s in every type of situation most of us drive on and off road since 2017, my mind keeps thinking “bigger” next time. Baby steps can actually wind us up somewhere we never intended to be when it all began years ago. I put the blame squarely on MUD. :flipoff2:
Bigger tires are the only way to get more clearance at the diff.
Ha ha you know you want that !!

See sig
Daily Driver and weekend adventure rig.

With all the talk of big tires in the 80 section, I thought the overwhelming majority would be on 35's with 37's not far behind. I guess the bigger builds get more attention but a ton of folks are still running reasonably sized tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom