Poll: What size tires are you running? (1 Viewer)

What size tires are you running?

• 38" or larger

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 37"

Votes: 31 13.7%
  • 35"

Votes: 78 34.4%
  • 34"

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 33"

Votes: 80 35.2%
  • 32" or OEM

Votes: 19 8.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Running 37x12.5 Cooper STT’s on trails mostly and driving to the disc golf course some too. Driving the rig to the trail usually starts with a 4 hour drive.

65B0231B-89AD-44A0-93EA-303ADA3ABDDA.jpeg

Last edited:
Just went from 315 Toyo MTs to 285s. Did more rock crawling type off roading in the past, now switching to longer cross country type trips. Pardon the filthy truck. It’s a work in process. Haha!

770DF4DA-D83B-4710-A4B5-715547F0EC41.jpeg

Here’s a few pics with only the refrigerator in the truck.

909F4C96-E016-4EA2-87CB-45C258EA9787.jpeg

4F4E0CAD-A239-467E-8661-0D92234978B6.jpeg

Last edited:
315s, DD & AK winter tank, future mini camper for short trips. Stock gears, probably 10k/year. It came like this - I like it & run it. Lives at sea level surrounded by big mountains, too gnarly for roads, so our local driving is virtually all on flat. If I lived at elevation or in an area with lots of hills, I’d probably want to re-gear if keeping the tire size.

Funny how 33s on a taco/runner looks filled out, while an 80 easily makes 35s look like you should have gone with 37s.

Funny how 33s on a taco/runner looks filled out, while an 80 easily makes 35s look like you should have gone with 37s.
So true.

Just jumped from 33’s to 35’s. Stock wheels.

It’s not my daily but does get driven to work at least once a week and around town some.

33’s with no lift or even the 1” body lift I have filled out the wheel wells pretty good. Once I lifted the truck it just looked odd till I put the 35’s on. As far as wheeling goes I was able to get into some pretty tough spots with the 33’s, can’t say they really left me wanting.

315s (Procomp XMT-2) on both the LX and the '93. That way they fit in the garage with their 2 inch lifts. Haven't done any hard trails with those trucks, but for everything else including road trips, that tire size works out really well. Yes, they rub when the suspension is flexed, but that little rub inside the fenders hasn't been a real problem. Here's the '93:

IMG_2025.jpg

Last edited:
I'm interested in these tires and that size.
Those are the model I had and sold to James for his 60 but they were in the 37/17 flavor on FJC steelies. I liked them a lot, but wanted my pep and braking back.

Yet I’m dumb….And moreso a sucker for a deal. Moved the 35 km2’s to the 45 and back on 37 nitro terra grappler g2. Not too aggressive but have had 2 sets in past and been pleased and spend more time on the highway and exploring the unknowns than wheeling lately.
01768EE4-2100-448D-9CEB-43EFD08D39DF.jpeg

With all the talk of big tires in the 80 section, I thought the overwhelming majority would be on 35's with 37's not far behind. I guess the bigger builds get more attention but a ton of folks are still running reasonably sized tires.
I had to laugh after reading through your thread and seeing this comment. “Reasonably sized” is definitely a relative phrase, at least on mud. After starting on stock or 31” back when I 1st got my ‘94, I replaced the worn out springs with 2.5” OME lift and there was too much room in the wheel wells…lol. I run 2 sets of tires. Needless to say, a tire change was eminent. 33” improved both off road performance and looks. Went with 255/85/16’s. While running these I tried 315/75/16’s on my other set. Off road performance, for me, improved again. But on road performance, on hills and fighting headwinds suffered considerably. I put up with it until a rear pinion seal cut loose. Perfect time to re-gear - 5.29‘s for trailer and heavy hauling (also Harrop lockers…lol). Now my 33” on that set, were too small to be “reasonably sized” for my gear ratio. So I replaced them with 315/75/16 M/T’s. I like the idea of better off road performance with 37”, but I can’t justify all the other mods necessary to my rig at this time to run them, such as more lift, and all that goes with it. I voted 35” ’cause with my mild lift and gear change, I get the all around performance that works for me, with both sets.

Last edited:
Bought mine recently with 285x75x16's, but knew it had to bump up to 315's...glad the PO gave me a set of unmounted OEM's (my favorite wheels really on these)...found some 315s on local marketplace and all good! Son stole my 285's for his Taco...OME 2" lift on both trucks...

These are the 315's...

This pic has 285's on both trucks...just trying different stuff around because the GEO's were a bit noisy for his DD and I gave him my BFG's in trade...

And yes, 285's look pretty large on a Taco!

i like the 285/75/16, you can still fit the spare tire under the truck no problem. going bigger i would need to either mount on the inside or get a rear swing out and with the swing out i wouldnt be able to use the hitch hauler for the dirt bike.

the 285 are a great size, easy to find, you can run them on the stock suspension and ive never felt the need to regear

Just got my 80 this week. Im resisting the urge to go up from 285/75 to 315/75. I like the look but maybe wanting to try 255/85 instead. I voted for 33s but I sure do like the trucks on here running 35s and 37s.

Just got my 80 this week. Im resisting the urge to go up from 285/75 to 315/75. I like the look but maybe wanting to try 255/85 instead. I voted for 33s but I sure do like the trucks on here running 35s and 37s.

Just go with 37s, they are the new 35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom