Pig hunting (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've removed more than one rivet and if you use a good quality sharp drill bit and drill the rivet first this isn't a hard job, less than 30 minuets to remove both my rear hangers.
As bad as the mess looks, it really only took about 20 minutes to get the hanger off. I think it took me longer to get the reinforcement plate off than the hanger. I washed the heads of the rivets off with the torch and heated up one rivet and the area around it and chiseled it off with a flat chisel. If it weren't for the gas tank above my head it wouldn't be so stressful.

I thought that if I did it again I would make new hangers and just leave the originals in place. I was thinking of boring a hole in a piece of 2x4 steel tube, then cutting it in half to make two U-shapes then weld the proper size round tube in for the bushing hole. A piece of heavy angle for the reinforcement. That would take longer anyway though.

I originally pulled two leaves out but put them back in after things settled a bit, ½” tank of fuel in my 50ish gal tank and it sits about right.
IMG_20190403_145149188.jpg

Last edited:
I originally pulled two leaves out but put them back in after things settled a bit, ½” of fuel in my 50ish gal tank at it sits about right.
View attachment 2084371
Yeah, that looks like I should stay right where I am at. Nice Piggie!

Second side went much better....err...less bad. Really not too awful but I will be feeling it tomorrow. Got a victory lap in.
20190917_191959.jpg

20190917_192154.jpg

It looks a lot better, even though I have to get used to how tall it is, and it rides smoother just bouncing up and down the driveway.
It's Official
20190917_193555.jpg

Now back on the hoist for tons more work!

Thanks, I like it a lot better

Maybe after the 70 series twitch subsides😁

Maybe after the 70 series twitch subsides😁
Let's go man, let's go! You can go with me to Joe's in two weeks. You witnessed how quickly the 70 series itch is scratched. Never mind the 3 year restoration that lies ahead!

Liam (@SipLife) is buying some goodies goodies from Joe. We will be there with you. It’s not a 70 series.

Almost done with my low buck front seat restore. A little foam and a few hog rings (what else would I use?) to hold on some matching mexican blankets. I still have to cut holes for the belts.
About a $25 investment

20190921_161014.jpg

I love my new foam build up on the seat. I was feeling a bit like Lilly Tomlin as "Edith Ann" before. Feels more manly now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom