Pig hunting (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went on a whole 3 mile excursion today. She runs perfect after tuning the idle mix on my City Racer carb. Lots of power too.
20180624_214022.jpg

As for 33’s. I run 33’s on my Pig with hammered flat springs.

Adding longer shackles makes the steering squirrelly without the shim.

If you go to all this trouble (ask me I just did my FJ45) make sure to have all new bushings and spring pins ready to go in.

As for 33’s. I run 33’s on my Pig with hammered flat springs.

Adding longer shackles makes the steering squirrelly without the shim.

If you go to all this trouble (ask me I just did my FJ45) make sure to have all new bushings and spring pins ready to go in.

So you just put on 33's without anything else? It looks like there is room but I wasn't sure.

So you just put on 33's without anything else? It looks like there is room but I wasn't sure.

Yes. Its not an issue. Tires now. Lift later. I added new shocks. Stock height. its fine. Lift is on the list.

Been a while since an update, but I wanted to report that I recieved the stainless drip rail trim from @Pigeaten (for free!) and it is great, no damage from shipping (must've been a cruiserhead brown santa!). Can't wait to put it on the truck. As soon as the ice jam security system in front of my doors to my barn melts away, I will pull the old double nickel out and put on the trim!
20190316_071847.jpg
20190316_072405.jpg

20190202_163523.jpg
20190202_163729.jpg
Here's the latest picture I have of my 55 with the KM3 33's and powder coated wheels on it. Still waiting on my seat covers to come in. I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

Sweet swine. Amazing that stock color was under there

When I looked at the ad originally I could see it peeking out from under the od green spraypaint. I was hoping it could be revealed. Unfortunately it got a quickie sanding job before the spraypaint so that looks bad but still I like the original paint thing no matter the condition.

Patrick the pig is looking awesome! I’m missing it each time I see your post! I mailed the extra set of keys out today. Holler at me if you don’t see them mid next week.

Patrick the pig is looking awesome! I’m missing it each time I see your post! I mailed the extra set of keys out today. Holler at me if you don’t see them mid next week.

Sweet! Thank you. I just put the battery charger on it this morning since the giant ice dam in front of the door is gone and it can finally see daylight. I still have an absolute ton of work to do on it but I am planning in quite a bit of pig seat time this summer and then to the Southern Swine Soiree this fall.

I haven't posted much because I haven't done much but I do have 2 really big thing to note.

Twice now, @Pigeaten has sent me items for the double nickel and only charged me shipping. These are both huge things for my piggy. First is the drip rail molding for the right side, and second is the left rear bumper end that is missing on my truck. It is kind of beat and dented but I can hammer away at that. I can't hammer one onto shape out of thin air.

Big reminder that this group is special, and it makes my 55 special. Someday I am sure there will be some 55 part I have to return the favor (favors).

Cheers to the year of the Pig!
20190524_115753.jpg

15587433349108163908968437147653.jpg

15587434355703319785940866465439.jpg

Take a clue from the hot rod crowd. Clear coat over that patina.

Take a clue from the hot rod crowd. Clear coat over that patina.
Patina will stay, I do love how it looks. Some spots have Chemical Guys carnuba wax on them, some boiled linseed oil a-la @wngrog . Not sure which I'm going with, but likely the linseed oil.

I am FINALLY getting to the long list of maintenance/repairs to make it to SSS 2019. I have a massive vibration above 50mph and worse a grinding "oscillating " sound. Likely a u joint on the latter (hopefully). The vibe was pretty obvious, and I dont know how I missed it before but my drive shaft is banged in and bent pretty bad.
I have the rear shaft out of my 1f 1970 fj55 parts truck. Will this fit in my 76? Tcase is the same so guessing yes but I though I would seek higher knowledge.

Took it for a drive today to the favorite slop box. Very little use because it needs steering help so bad, and rear brakes are non existent. New parts and the lift from @cruiseroutfit sitting in boxes waiting on me.
IMG_20190831_161200_193.jpg

Shaft should be the same yes.

Have fun with that lift :)

Thanks on the driveshaft.

I rebuilt the reinforcement plates and prepped for a 4plus bumper on my 60. I.e. got my ass kicked removing rivets. At least there are less this time.

The Michigan wrench (oxy/acetylene torch) will be at hand for rivets, glued bushings, seized nuts (ouch!), cutting off u bolts to save time, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom