Pictures of completed SOA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are getting conflicting info about your "track bar" because what you are referring to is a wrap bar or traction bar. You should call it a wrap bar to avoid confusion. Track bar is short hand for panhard which is the link in a linked suspension that locates the axle latterly.

I think it looks sketchy and won’t climb for shi&, I would ditch the lift springs and find some stock springs IMO. I guarantee my SOA cruiser on 40s sits lower than that.

Tell us how you really feel. lol:flipoff2:

Changed my post. I'm so used to seeing trac bar.

i second flat stock rear spring over.

it looks good either way. your call

yea well the springs are new and the perches i got from ruffsuff are a lot longer that normal perches, they are supposed to help in preventing axle wrap, i'm not hard on the pedal.

:lol:

Not running some form of anti-wrap link to prevent the springs from wrapping up and binding the driveline in a spring over suspension configuration is only asking for broken parts....period.

Too many broken pinions proving otherwise......

very nice rig!! someday mine will be that shiney.

deffinetly do trac bar and loose the 2.5 leafs. i have them on mine front and rear on SOA, and its way to tall with 37"s.
i will be removing them at same time of my trac bar build.

That's a nice truck you have there! Nice color too :cool:

I still have my OME springs the day I decide to go with 37" MTR but it now looking at it will be a bit too tall for my taste...From what I learn as you go taller and also need to go wider axle or play with wheel backspacing to improve center of gravity.

Again a nice truck :bounce:

Do you have a full-float rear or is that just an optical illusion? I would lost the lift springs too, that's getting awfully high.

Looks like there's a protrusion in the middle of the lugs in that last picture?

Sean,
When I followed you out of Shell onto US-280 east the other day after we talked, I was amazed at the amount rotation your rear axle had. Your pinion angle is already prolly 2-3 degrees too much (by eye which I pointed out to you). When the axle housing rotates the pinion upward on acceleration the pinion moves up even more. Get someone to drive your truck so you can see it or mount a video camera as to see the pinion and brake-torque it to see how much it is moving. I am not saying it is excessive...just that I was suprised how much it moved.

Honestly, I'd go ahead and redo the rear with stock springs and cut the rear fenders. I know it's rare to find a cruiser that is uncut, but if you are going to wheel, the best bet it to cut them out and make it lower with more flex.

Uncut fenders are for stock springs and pizza cutter tires, imo.

Hey guys, though i'd post some pics of my completed soa for the rear only of my truck with sua in the front. Just want to let those who think it is a wierd setup know that it is great. I wll eventually got soa in the front but for now rear only. I used 2.5 inch Old man emu medium duty springs with stock shackles. Only thing pissing me off is the shackle angle, but it still rides reaaaaaaal smoooooth. The back sits a bit higher, but i LOVE the way it looks. I think i may remove the overload spring however, because it is limiting my flex. But man oh man does it flex beautifully now! Don't have any flex shots yet, but probably will tomorrow. Enjoy! Comments appreciated.
2348427947_926e4b43f3.jpg

2348428353_6202d54fb5.jpg

2349262606_8a0d02263e.jpg
Sean,
I strongly encourage you to get a anti-wrap/trac bar for your truck. I broke a pinion in mine because I was so excited to take it wheeling before I had time to build one. It cost me a lot of time and a lot of money because of MY stupid mistake. A new set of gears and an install kit is a costly way to learn a lesson. So hopefully I can pass that along to somene else and maybe save them some money!

I hope to wheel with you again sometime!

Well i went wheeling this past weekend and did some tough trails, mostly 4 rated and one 5 rated. My rear locker didn't work so i had to be a little harder on it, it did fine, but i am still going to put an anti wrap bar in. Next wheeling trip isn't for 2 months, so i have time.

Well i went wheeling this past weekend and did some tough trails, mostly 4 rated and one 5 rated....

On a scale of 1 to 20?

:lol:

no on a scale of 50:flipoff2:. I don't rate the trails brotha, just tellin you what rating the one's i rode on were.

you sure got some bawls to take that thing anywhere off pavement without the trac bar

might as well do the front now and cut them quarters :flipoff2:

don't cut it up :crybaby:

Well i went wheeling this past weekend and did some tough trails, mostly 4 rated and one 5 rated. My rear locker didn't work so i had to be a little harder on it, it did fine, but i am still going to put an anti wrap bar in. Next wheeling trip isn't for 2 months, so i have time.
Mine lasted two trips without breakage. Third time was the charm. It's not a matter of if you will break something but rather when will you break something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom