Pictures of completed SOA (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stiffer lift springs and not having flipped springs yet might save him from too much axle wrap. Then again - the more it's wheeled, and as those lift springs settle in they must might yet develop some nice "S" curvature and yup - in the future they'll eventually let the pinion wrap enough to pop.

If you're intent on wheeling hard - pull a leave, install the track bar, hack the tub :D. If you're gonna baby it on the trail, pull a leave, install a track bar and BUMP stops to save those nice fenders before you bulge em out with tire flex. Can't have it both ways - something will give eventually.

So with the stiffer springs - how well did it flex (not knowing if there was anything to flex on given that we don't know what 4 or 5 means :hillbilly:).

Lots of flex:)

I already extended the bumpstops, i learned that a year or so ago.

Not going to cut the fenders.

Lots of flex:)

I already extended the bumpstops, i learned that a year or so ago.

Not going to cut the fenders.

Running a 40 with uncut fenders and 40" tires is crazy. If you don't need to cut them for clearance then you are way too tall. Either drop the rig, cut the fenders and wheel it or stay on the bunny slope/mall lot. If not you will be removing your hardtop against your will do to a roll over.

Jeremy

Just trying to follow the "logic" here... we raise the truck higher for more ground clearance and suspension flex...so then we chop up the body so the increased suspension flex doesn't make the tires hit the fenders while flexing and damage them...oh, okay now that makes sense.:doh:

No we put on larger tires for more ground clearance, then we modify the suspension and the body to accomidate the tires and to flex better, cheers, Larry

I hade the same set-up for a couple years, it wasn't very balanced. the rear SOA was quite a bit softer then the front SUA, so the rear axle would articulate far more than the front.

I too broke a pinion. I'm in the middle of doing a front SOA, and all around spring flip, traction bar, etc.

No we put on larger tires for more ground clearance, then we modify the suspension and the body to accomidate the tires and to flex better, cheers, Larry

Bingo! The only ground clearance is achieved by bigger tires. The changes is suspension is to gain flex and/or clear tires, then the body trim is to keep everything from rubbing. Either on the tires and/or obsticles.

Its all about keeping a low COM, center of mass, because gravity is a bitch.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom