Builds Phildoh build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks a bunch guys for the well wishes, I appreciate it. I just need to get better already.

As far as the perches, they're in and done. I'll deal with it when I can lift more than the remote! Likely it'll be fine when I have the spare in there and the jack. Should put it at 2-3° which works for me (I have a DC driveshaft)

Update on ol Phildoh. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Seminoma (testicular), had to lose one of them to keep a healthy one, and now I'm in remission! Best Xmas gift I've ever had! Hope everyone is doing great and had a great holiday season! I'll be back on here more in the future, I'm an admin on a FB 80 page (Toyota 80 Series USA), and it sucks my spare time up when I get on there too. So, that being said, happy holidays!
IMG_20171229_161109887_HDR.jpg

I’m digg’n the leaf springs. Do you know your castor numbers with the slee arms?

Last edited:
I’m digg’n the leaf springs. Do you know your castor numbers with the slee arms?
I'd have to dig up my last alignment spec sheet, I don't recall the numbers but the alignment guy said the caster was perfect and the toe (set by a tape measure) was off by .5° so I'd say it was a good alignment job for a driveway job!

Oh yeah, times get tough you do what's needed to keep family at ease. Had to let the Shortbus go to a new home and slapped the trail-gear winch mount on there. $160 and a rattle can of bedliner and as seen above, vióla! Thanks for the kind words guys!

Been a bit so I'll update this just a scratch, both personal and rig.
I was awoken at 4am on January 2nd to learn my best bud of nearly 30yrs took his own life and his gf. I was just getting that past me when my father passed on March 2nd from a long battle with Alzheimer's. Just barely got his services done as the current health crisis (covid19) exploded and the cemetery closed all large services the next day. It's been a really rough year and I decided that I needed a new focus to take my attention off of death and dying, so I made a phonecall to my tire guy.

Well, I did a thing. 40s! Got a great deal on them from my tire guy and couldn't pass them up. And with the money I saved I bought a lit of cutoff wheels and sawzall blades!
It has helped me and that I'm focusing my extra curricular attention to that, and less focus on the pandemic we're all facing. Thankful my wife is still working and now I have the kiddo full-time so that's a great time being daddy daycare 45hrs/wk but damn it's exhausting with my limitations!

Hope everyone is well and getting along with all the new normals we're coping with. Stay safe, stay strong and we'll all be back on the trails soon!
-Doh!

Here's a 40 teaser!
IMG_20200226_113506366_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200226_111925047.jpg

40's look bueno! Hope you have better luck with the Cooper than I did. They're a good looking tire, just had horrible wear characteristics. Also, hope you've got the heavy stuff behind you and can look forward to a better year.

Looking great Phil!

Haven't been out much as live and this covid 2020 mess has been a doozy. I'm watching the kiddo and helping her with school full-time while my wife works full-time dealing with the public (half cool/half idiots) on a daily basis. Picked up a Scangauge finally and it confirms all is well for the 195k engine that still runs strong. Hope everyone's doing well and I'll be back on here more often. I swooped up a daily driver (06 Mitsu Lancer, 105k/mi) for $700 so now I can do more mods to LaFawnduh without worry if needing to DD her all the time. Hopefully get some snow runs in soon, just need a bit more up here in NorCal and I'll be sliding all over on the 40s, which are wearing as normally as the Toyos were. I trimmed the front wheel wells a couple months ago, and slapped in some new leafs for the rear end, still need to do some more but the weather is keeping me inside. Leg is still wonky and constantly wrapped, nothing new on that front, hopefully get a prosthetic after convincing my quality of life sucks with where I'm currently at and have been the last 6yrs roughly. "Save his leg" over quality of life, damn UCDavis trauma docs don't get it. Oh well, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a good start to the rest of the year. Let's hope 2021 is better and we can get back to normal!
Phil

Haven't been out much as live and this covid 2020 mess has been a doozy. I'm watching the kiddo and helping her with school full-time while my wife works full-time dealing with the public (half cool/half idiots) on a daily basis. Picked up a Scangauge finally and it confirms all is well for the 195k engine that still runs strong. Hope everyone's doing well and I'll be back on here more often. I swooped up a daily driver (06 Mitsu Lancer, 105k/mi) for $700 so now I can do more mods to LaFawnduh without worry if needing to DD her all the time. Hopefully get some snow runs in soon, just need a bit more up here in NorCal and I'll be sliding all over on the 40s, which are wearing as normally as the Toyos were. I trimmed the front wheel wells a couple months ago, and slapped in some new leafs for the rear end, still need to do some more but the weather is keeping me inside. Leg is still wonky and constantly wrapped, nothing new on that front, hopefully get a prosthetic after convincing my quality of life sucks with where I'm currently at and have been the last 6yrs roughly. "Save his leg" over quality of life, damn UCDavis trauma docs don't get it. Oh well, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a good start to the rest of the year. Let's hope 2021 is better and we can get back to normal!
Phil
Keep on fighting the good fight!

Which half of the public are idiots?

Well we'll! Hope everyone is doing great and starting off the year on a good note! I fired up the rig (around weekly intervals now as I picked up a bucket car for DD stuff.) Looked down and not charging! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Checked the hot post, no dice. Took it to VatoZone and they bench tested it, no dice as well. Went to my parts guy at the dealer.
Not to mention, in the process of removing it I found the idler to be worn down pretty bad (the face was already worn, but the bearing is noisy) so I added that to the list. Also found the upper rad hose collapsed. Looked into that and it was all soft on the backside towards the radiator, add that to the list as last time I did hoses, that was the only one not oem when I replaced them. Also have been noticing it's been a lil warm thanks to the scangauge (205°) so while I had the engine running it was up there and the fan didn't seem to be moving much air/spinning where it usually does. I made the sacrifice and sure enough I could stop the fan with my finger. I inquired about a blue clutch (old pn 16210-66010) and it's been discontinued in US and Japan. So we ordered the OEM one (66210-66020) and BAM! There was a blue clutch in the box, score! Don't plan to mod it but at least it's a bit better as is! Hopefully get to put all this junk on, and a new LR window run I picked up a few weeks ago later in the week. Oh yeah, I'm all signed up for Rubithon, anyone going??? Heading in Thursday morning at Loon, out Sunday Tahoma.
IMG_20210206_174715082.jpg

IMG_20210206_211350419.jpg

IMG_20210206_211506243.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom