OSNC's Latest - a guy gets a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
To make a long story short, everything aligned and I finally have my very own FJ40. I am absolutely thrilled with it and I've only had it for 45 mins so far!

There was a thread in the Classifieds about someone looking for a 40, some folks replied, and I pm'ed a Member who posted he had one he'd consider selling outside of Atlanta. We exchanged a few pm's and a phone call, but at the time it was just out of reach for me.

A few weeks later, I got a pm and the 40 was within my reach. A few more pm's, some calls, and the deal was done!

I consider my self fortunate to have found this 40 in the stable of @upperblack. Mike has a few of them, he is extraordinarily knowledgeable on all things 40, and he was an absolute delight to work with. I either planned to tow or drive this home from GA, but that fell apart due to work, so he suggested a wire transfer + transport - which worked out beautifully.

And now, this 1971 FJ40 in Spring Green is sitting in my garage. It is almost completely stock (3-spd moved to the floor), runs very well and strong; stops well and even steers. It has original paint; just a rusted out rear sill and a few other lesser rust issues.

@upperblack was very forthcoming and accurate with overall condition; again, I don't know that I could have found a more down-to-earth and helpful seller.

I intend to keep it completely stock: take care of the rust issues, tidy up the interior a bit, and just keep it running and in great shape. This thing will not get chopped up or bashed at all, it's (imho) too nice and that isn't why I bought it.

I don't have any pics, except those Mike had posted, but here it is:
DSC08408_zpsh3cvcp6s.JPG
DSC08451_zpsyhon1hjt.JPG
DSC08463_zpseyu2rtoh.JPG

DSC08406_zpsjrzgreie.JPG

God damn I'm excited!

NICE score!!

Awesome Joe!

Hell yes!!! Nice score Joe! Can't wait to see it in person.

VERY nice!

Very cool tractor Joe :beer:

Nice! Love the color.

Way cool Joe!!

Congrats, great truck. Love the color, pretty sure that's a fairly rare color. You'll love it

Holy crap Joe!!! Nice work man!!

How'd you end up picking it up since you decided not to tow it with the GX?

Holy crap Joe!!! Nice work man!!

How'd you end up picking it up since you decided not to tow it with the GX?

We arranged a transport through Summit Auto Transport. :)

BTW Mike did the following work to it recently:
- New windshield with Toyota windshield gasket and locking strip
- New Toyota soft brake lines
- New Aisin clutch master
- New Aisin brake master
- New brake booster
- New Toyota air filter
- New Toyota fuel filter
- New soft fuel lines
- New Toyota radiator
- New Toyota thermostat, gaskets, and housing
- New Water pump and gaskets
- New Toyota fan belt
- New Toyota alternator pulley and fan
- New Toyota cooling system hoses and clamps
- New radiator overflow bottle

out-freaking-standing Joe....congrats man. Love the color also.

Sweet ride!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom