OME Lifts discussion for the FAQ (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is this for for a USA model?
The ARB tech I talked to yesterday told me that the "A" springs are the taller springs and always go on the driver side... Who's right?

since I live in the US, yes

What is the actual lift difference on a stock/empty rig between 860 & 863J? My inherited unloaded/stock rear is 24 1/4” with 863Js and I am shooting to drop about an inch, but want medium 860s. So many conflicting posts in most threads; figured I’d just ask due to different rates and assumed loads. Do I need a spacer to only lose an inch overall?

Front 850Js have what appear to be a 2” spacer (metal) netting the same 24 1/4”.... was just going to swap spacers to lose the inch, since the medium springs still appear to have the same rate anyway.

Let’s just say I’d like to be at 23” with mediums on an otherwise stock rig that almost never has any load, not even mid or rear seats, whose max will never be heavy.

I guess this is the OME madness I’ve seen mentioned.

Last edited:
I lot of good info this thread.
You well find that most after market spring are made for built Reg that run heavy.
I would try the 860s in the rear and take the 2" spacer out of the front. That should put you close to where you want to be. From there you can add smaller spacers to the front to get the rake where you like it.
I ran this spring set up with a 1" spacer in the front. but i have a heavy front bumper and winch, The rear is super light like yours no Mid or rear sets.

Just bought a 2.5” OME lift kit. Any shop recommendations in the Los Angeles area?
Debating between DIY(noob level) vs. pro shop :)

Is this doable/safe for solo diy?

Thanks 🙏

5324815B-6E8B-4334-808B-7DCC287F5E56.jpeg

Just bought a 2.5” OME lift kit. Any shop recommendations in the Los Angeles area?
Debating between DIY(noob level) vs. pro shop :)

Is this doable/safe for solo diy?

Thanks 🙏

View attachment 2639425
Do it your self, not a hard job just need some jack stands and basic hand tools.
good way to get started working on your Rig.

I did mine in about 6 hours. Make sure you get your springs in the right place - so read instructions carefully. How do I know?
it is a good work out too.

05A6664F-E0EE-4EA7-836C-DA3E584EE195.jpeg

Most here prefer caster plates or caster correcting arms. Only use OEM bushings, do not use caster correction bushings.
I would suggest pulling the arms yourself sourcing your own bushings and having a shop press them in. The Original bushings lasted /20+ years, that press tool well set on the shelf a long time after you done if you go the route. I Suggest the land tank caster correction plates available at Witts end.

Last edited:
Most here prefer caster plates or caster correcting arms. Only use OEM bushings, do not use caster correction bushings.
I would suggest pulling the arms yourself sourcing your own bushings and having a shop press them in. The Original bushings lasted /20+ years, that press tool well set on the shelf a long time after you done if you go the route. I Suggest the land tank caster correction plates available at Witts end.
Thanks!

I’ll check on the Wits End land tank plates. Should be compatible with my ‘92.

I was about to buy the Slee tool and a press at Harbor Freight. :)

8BCBFB85-A96E-4466-9386-DE8F30B894EE.jpeg

527C1ABA-117F-437B-8179-1A325D2AA176.jpeg

46A3ED35-CEC6-41C7-A382-6E0CB0D51369.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom