NOW WITH A 0-70 Launch! Well i did a thing.. my 97 lx build. distributorless/turbo/h151f (2 Viewers)

how many waygu beef powers and torques did project waygu beef make?

• 100awhp!

• 200awhp!!

• 300awhp!!!

• 400awhp!!!!

• 500awhp!!!!!

• 600awhp!!!!!!?

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok ok fine i guess i'll post some graphs, still had no time to sift through the dyno videos. but here's some graphs. we did about 15 pulls that day. I'll leave you with pull 1 which was just spring pressure 8psi or so on pump 92. Then the last pull which was on E56, i didn't drain enough pump 92 out of the tank so that diluted my 10 gallons of pump E85 down, i tossed in 5 gallons of VP X85 (65$ for 5 gallons, OUCH lol) but even with that in we only got up to 56% alcohol. but that didn't matter any way because we ended up running out of injector pulsewidth so we had to limit the boost to 16psi on alcohol. We could have made way more power on a higher alcohol mix (70 and above) and if we had more injector... should have went with ID1300x injectors... anyway, i left happy. Max boost on pump 92 was 18 psi and max boost on E was 16psi. my intercooler setup works fantastic to my delight i'm sure it could be better with superior name brand intercooler core (i'm just using one from frozenboost which i'm sure is CHYNA made) but in general we were seeing around 120 degree drop in temp. on the 18psi was showing 248 degrees out of the turbo and 130 at the intake after the intercooler. Lower boost runs were in the low 200s with iat's in the low 100's anyway. i have 3 hours worth of data 60 gigs of dyno video, lol. enjoy, let me know if there is anything specific you want to know. and yes it get's down on the street, 6000 lbs shouldn't move this fast lmao, stab it in any gear any rpm and its instantly in boost.:cheers:
240f.jpg

160f.png

1.jpg

0.jpg

Last edited:
Your truck looks like it’s insanely fun to drive.
When you stand on it in 2nd or 3rd and the entire front end gets light its comical. Ive been in plenty of very fast rwd and awd cars and this is just looney, probably cause its just such a huge mass. but i can't wait to get it off some pavement. Soon.. very soon.. I still need to get on those dyno videos too..

That 418hp run that was ended early looks like it would have made 450hp/600ft/lbs.
Yeah we really had to dial everything back on the ethanol. You can see several runs aborted real short due to hitting 90 percent injector duty so I had to let out. 725 cc injectors are way too small to support this thing. We hit more boost on 92 (18 peak) and could only support 16 psi on a measly 56% alcohol mix. We also were only reving to 5k on most runs. You can see the cams just not supporting airflow up top. At this point it's just when is enough enough? Lol I'm ready to build my SC300 engine already.. and that should be fun.. 1khp or bust (real easy to do on a 2jz).

Yeah we really had to dial everything back on the ethanol. You can see several runs aborted real short due to hitting 90 percent injector duty so I had to let out. 725 cc injectors are way too small to support this thing. We hit more boost on 92 (18 peak) and could only support 16 psi on a measly 56% alcohol mix. We also were only reving to 5k on most runs. You can see the cams just not supporting airflow up top. At this point it's just when is enough enough? Lol I'm ready to build my SC300 engine already.. and that should be fun.. 1khp or bust (real easy to do on a 2jz).
Yeah for sure, 400awhp in an 80 series is all you need, like you said hard on the throttle and you can almost pick up a front wheel. Hell with the extra timing and torque on E85 you could just dial it back to fit the injector you have and it would still be super fun to drive.

Badass man. If the Haltech would work with the auto tranny, I'd be all over it.

Badass man. If the Haltech would work with the auto tranny, I'd be all over it.
It does. You just leave the stock computer in place to run the auto and the Haltech runs all the ignition and fueling. I've been doing it for 8 years.

It does. You just leave the stock computer in place to run the auto and the Haltech runs all the ignition and fueling. I've been doing it for 8 years.
:oops:. I was always told it could not work...I guess I'll be getting a Haltech for the 80 as well. The Haltech woke up my supercharged 3.4 Tacoma.

I started a little oil heating project the other day. I wanted a way to heat up the engine oil for cold mornings of after a day of ski/snowboarding or whatever. I want to be able to get hot oil circulated as fast as possible and after testing a heater from moroso I think this should work well. I put a gallon of used oil out over night to get it cold, it's been in the low 30s here, and this morning I put the probe in and measured how long it took to get that gallon hot. It's a 400 watt and I verified that with a watt meter. it was averaging around 385 watts and around 3.5 amps. It basically heated up that gallon to 170-205 F in under 30 min. The probe was sitting at the top of the milk jug so the top was hotter than the bottom however I think if placed low the convection will probably circulate the heat better. Either way I'm happy with the results. Then I drilled 2 holes in a spare lower pan I have for the bungs for the ecu oil temp sensor and probe. I filled the pan before drilling to see where 1 gallon filles the pan up to and made sure the probe doesnt run into the pump pickup. Just need to weld it up and swap the pans out. After that I will have to run the wiring for the heater. It will be run off a renogy 100ah lithium iron phosphate house battery and renogy 750 watt pure sine wave l inverter and a renogy dc to dc and mppt charger, as well as being able to be plugged directly into 110v outlet.
20221116_111135.jpg
20221116_111126.jpg
20221116_101603.jpg
20221116_111324.jpg

Looks like it has a very usable power curve. Nice job. I dont see the benefit of running a land cruiser on ethanol though. I would pobably just dial it in on pump gas. Did you make any runs NA?
Thanks, yeah it makes very usable power all around not peaky, very linear. I disagree on the ethanol statement however, e85 is Gods gift to anything boosted man.. best octane boost out there hands down... maybe if this were a stock unopened engine on low boost I'd say yes, however with a built engine and high boost ethanol is king over straight pump 92/93 and with the flex fuel function it makes filling up and worrying about your tune a non issue. If you look at the dyno charts you can see what was run on ethanol and what was run on pump, the ethanol run was way smoother. Unfortunately i did not make N/A runs, if i wanted to go slow i wouldn't have built a motor. My biggest beef with this thing was it couldn't even get out of its way unloaded and loaded up with gear and people just made thing worse, it was extremely frustrating trying to drive around normal traffic up and down grades with stock power, so i had no intentions of seeing what a new stock motor feels like. Either way, just my thoughts, and as the project is basically complete i am 110% satisfied and more than impressed by how it is performing. :cheers:

Thanks, yeah it makes very usable power all around not peaky, very linear. I disagree on the ethanol statement however, e85 is Gods gift to anything boosted man.. best octane boost out there hands down... maybe if this were a stock unopened engine on low boost I'd say yes, however with a built engine and high boost ethanol is king over straight pump 92/93 and with the flex fuel function it makes filling up and worrying about your tune a non issue. If you look at the dyno charts you can see what was run on ethanol and what was run on pump, the ethanol run was way smoother. Unfortunately i did not make N/A runs, if i wanted to go slow i wouldn't have built a motor. My biggest beef with this thing was it couldn't even get out of its way unloaded and loaded up with gear and people just made thing worse, it was extremely frustrating trying to drive around normal traffic up and down grades with stock power, so i had no intentions of seeing what a new stock motor feels like. Either way, just my thoughts, and as the project is basically complete i am 110% satisfied and more than impressed by how it is performing. :cheers:
Oh I didn't know you had a flex fuel sensor. I thought you were tuning it strictly for e85. Seems like that would be cumbersome for road trips. As far as a stock dyno run doing so i think is nice to know what you gained over stock and have a accurate comparison after each mod.

You may have mentioned it before, but what’s your IG? I follow you, but can’t remember your handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom