New dissent offroad no cut rear bumper! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife asked, what are those boxes in the garage. Nothing... just swing outs.

85E241C6-CDF4-4BB1-93D6-6F17460D2384.jpeg

AEF9F844-8EBA-400D-9DF1-905A4C32FAEA.jpeg

Dumb question. Is the table on the tire carrier only accessible with the tailgate up? I can’t figure any other way. There’s contact with the tail get down. And contact with the table deployed, trying to open the tailgate.

187F2F7B-5E1C-4D00-8A45-40A9F4839D57.jpeg

Dumb question. Is the table on the tire carrier only accessible with the tailgate up? I can’t figure any other way. There’s contact with the tail get down. And contact with the table deployed, trying to open the tailgate.

View attachment 2434823
I had this problem before and if you look back in this thread I posted about it. There are two rubber stoppers on the swingout....one is much thicker than the other, you have them installed in the wrong places. Install the thinner rubber stopper on the outside of the arm and the thicker one on the inside of the swing arm to provide more clearance to open and close the table with the lower tailgate open.

I had this problem before and if you look back in this thread I posted about it. There are two rubber stoppers on the swingout....one is much thicker than the other, you have them installed in the wrong places. Install the thinner rubber stopper on the outside of the arm and the thicker one on the inside of the swing arm to provide more clearance to open and close the table with the lower tailgate open.
Thanks. I measured both bump stops earlier and they’re the same thickness. I even switch their positions. Same stamped number for all. Likely got all the same thickness. I guess I’ll dissent a call.

Thanks. I measured both bump stops earlier and they’re the same thickness. I even switch their positions. Same stamped number for all. Likely got all the same thickness. I guess I’ll dissent a call.

Yes call Ben. Should be two different thickness stops. Here are old pics I took of mine and when the thicker stop is installed on outside of swing arm, table doesn’t open and close with lower tailgate open.

841CE416-275D-412D-A668-BFA860AE3787.jpeg

9AFF09E5-34CF-402E-A3F6-5326226133AB.jpeg

24148DB0-757B-4A15-9CB9-F1F01B7D0559.jpeg

C2DECF3A-06A2-422D-93B2-732FA402CFE8.jpeg

9CF3EAF8-BBAD-4371-A1BD-EE017821705A.jpeg

Yes call Ben. Should be two different thickness stops. Here are old pics I took of mine and when the thicker stop is installed on outside of swing arm, table doesn’t open and close with lower tailgate open.

View attachment 2435422

View attachment 2435423

View attachment 2435424

View attachment 2435425

View attachment 2435426

Whoa, thanks for this. My swingouts are all the slim one and I had to add some of my own washers (that are not as wide, so it looks funny). I'll see if Ben can send a couple of the thick ones.

Developed a squeak sound on tire carrier, any ideas? It's less than 500miles highways after installation.

re-torque all bolts. Maybe apply semi-permenant locktite.

Besides $ & time, the large # of fasteners has me concerned considering the high vibration environment.

But that can be mitigated w good assembly practice.

Developed a squeak sound on tire carrier, any ideas? It's less than 500miles highways after installation.

Found the culprit, bumper in touch with the body here on both sides
IMG_20201004_110244.jpg
IMG_20201004_110221.jpg

I put a bit of lithium grease and squeak gone! Bumper should not touch the frame I believe, anything wrong with the installation? Or is it same for others?

Still looking for another swingarm strut since one of mine snapped. Anyone have a spare?

Found the culprit, bumper in touch with the body here on both sides
View attachment 2455367View attachment 2455368
I put a bit of lithium grease and squeak gone! Bumper should not touch the frame I believe, anything wrong with the installation? Or is it same for others?
Contacted Dissent and recommended to cut off a small portion of the pinch weld of the body to make some space. Did that and no touching, no squeak now.

Anyone running a snowboard/ski carrier via the hitch mounts? Curious what everyone is running

I made a little arm to use my yakima clamps. Took a coupe hours. It's okay, but I have to watch my head when reaching in for the levers.

_89z9ITf4C_EP88iQKD_5ZYjXocONdp43X37O3jLeJzDsk2_3A7o6D0Y49eSyhsuUz2B7TpXOPvI0ntB9oszJpaYgfHKALTUG6Oya5FEQsIye6C7uECDVYGe-UV-ppfMuVRqZ2mrTJw=s0

That's awesome and a great idea! I have some spare yakima racks laying around that I can probably use. I want to run mine on the swing arm as well. I was looking at aftermarket options but I'm afraid all the ones on the market would stand really high up.

Might sound like a noob question but does anyone have any photos of the 3 jerry can holder with fuel cans in it? I was thinking about ordering three 5gal Wavian Fuel Cans down the road once I get my bumper in and wanted to be sure that standard size can is what works best!

Might sound like a noob question but does anyone have any photos of the 3 jerry can holder with fuel cans in it? I was thinking about ordering three 5gal Wavian Fuel Cans down the road once I get my bumper in and wanted to be sure that standard size can is what works best!
The wavian should work fine. I am using scepter here.

1614314945635.jpeg

FYI, if you get the Wavian cans do NOT use the Carb compliant nozzle they come with. Get the flexible hose version. The Carb compliant nozzle won't fit into the fuel flap of our Cruisers. Found out the hard way this past weekend when I realized that the nozzle wouldn't fit and would simply compress and dump fuel all over the outside of the rig. Annoying that Wavian sends a nozzle that won't fit. Other than that, I like the can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom