Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Teaser pick of a custom, beautifully crafted, fcuking awesome piece of workmanship:

Door panels, qtr panels, & dash are proving to be a bit more of a challenge!

Shane

That's BADASS!!

Details? Is that from Trail Taylor @reevesci?

My son is a bee keeper and I know he would LOVE a grill like that…..(in the future, he doesn't currently drive..)

That's BADASS!!

Negative on Trail Taylor - although I do have numerous pieces of his art hanging on my 60. I'll ck with the maker & see if he's willing to do more. If so, I'll post a new thread with the details.

Thx, appreciate the compliment and agreed...that grille is f'n badass!

Shane

I was thinking about this more and in my warped and twisted mind you should have no problem mounting 80 series wheels on your proposed setup. No spacers front or rear (not that you should be opposed to spacers, you just don't need them).

Rear: 80 wheels = 80 axle. Done.

Front: 2000-2006 Tundra's (the truck, not the biome) where you are getting your rotors and calipers from had a factory rim that was 16x7 or 16x8 with 5.5" of backspace. You are running the same size wheel with less backspace meaning more room.

So thanks this for what it's worth (semi-anonymous stranger over the internet) but I'm 99.99% what you have will work. I put a lot of thought into this because I don't you to have the same issue I did which was wasting tons of time and effort for something you don't want. I'm still on tires I bought just to roll on and that was six months ago.

Negative on Trail Taylor - although I do have numerous pieces of his art hanging on my 60. I'll ck with the maker & see if he's willing to do more. If so, I'll post a new thread with the details.

Thx, appreciate the compliment and agreed...that grille is f'n badass!

Shane

It's OK to tell

That's BADASS!!

@cruiser enthuiser , @lcwizard pretty much answered yr question. I called Dave (4Plus Products) this morning on my way to work - 'no problem'. I was supposed to reply back to this thread - that's what happens when u see 30+ pts a day. Anyhow - inquired about an additional project with Dave this morning...fingers crossed =)

Dave - incredible, f'n truly incredible craftsmanship. Much appreciated. . .

Shane

Answers to mounting..
I use a flanged bolt and nut to create 4 studs in the factory position.
the legs are offset just enough that when you slip on the grill it positions itself at about the stock location.
I realize all the factory sheet metal tabs aren't exactly always perfect. I had to use two washers under the top mounts on mine to
flush up the top. My truck had been in a slight fender bender before I got it. My sister's 60 was OK without shimmimg
No more broken plastic clips. It frees up about two or more inches behind the grill. I have to credit Jason for getting me off my ass
and finishing this project I started in about 2006. The first one was with expanded metal and I used a bolt on emblem from a 40
because they were metal

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

Ok. . .actually have the day tomorrow to work on the 60.

So, went to my:

And picket-up:

Let the fun begin, again. . .

Made a little progress on the desmog & cleaning-up the engine bay (big thanks to darren & ross):

Damn, that's a good looking 2F! So, about that 6.2l...?

And your parts stash is incredible - thinking you could restore several cruisers with what you got.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom