Wheel Choice: Community Vote (1 Viewer)

Which wheel for SEMA 2024

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for TBI/PTSD/TRA&D
Threads
Officially burnt on trying to decide wheel choice. Going to list (below) the choices that made the cutoff and let the community decide.

Out of the 8-10 that made it to the finals, I'll pick one of the top 3 choices voted on by the community.

And before you vote, let me explain the two different setups.

Setup1: Already have. 17" steelies with a 33" AT (Falken). These will have an optional cap attached via DZUS fastening system, basically giving very different looks dependent on the disc attached or not.

Setup2: SEMA and hold your breath, a semi-pro touring setup. Hold your opinions on the build direction and two different setups. This poll is strictly for wheel choice, not if you like or respect what direction this specific FJ60 build went. You don't have to be nice/polite, just be constructive.

Also, please don't let the mfg name or price influence your decision. There's a wide range of prices, multiple wheel companies, and the styles are equally as varied.

Much appreciated-

Shane

wheel1
BraidFullRaceT Wheel.jpg

Wheel2
DakarSuperZero17 wheel.png

Wheel3
Brixton TR09 wheel.jpg

Wheel6 - 2 versions, 528/528M, combined for single vote
HRE 528M Wheel.png

HRE 528 Wheel.png

HRE 528:M Wheel.jpg

wheel8:
Rotiform Wheel.png

Wheel9:
Rays05xBronze2.jpg

Rays05xBronze1.jpg

Wheel10:
RagunaRF06_1.jpg
Raguna RF06.png

Last edited:
Officially burnt on trying to decide wheel choice. Going to list (below) the choices that made the cutoff and let the community decide.

Out of the 8-10 that made it to the finals, I'll pick one of the top 3 choices voted on by the community.

And before you vote, let me explain the two different setups.

Setup1: Already have. 17" steelies with a 33" AT (Falken). These will have an optional cap attached via DZUS fastening system, basically giving very different looks dependent on the disc attached or not.

Setup2: SEMA and hold your breath, a semi-pro touring setup. Hold your opinions on the build direction and two different setups. This poll is strictly for wheel choice, not if you like or respect what direction this specific FJ60 build went. You don't have to be nice/polite, just be constructive.

Also, please don't let the mfg name or price influence your decision. There's a wide range of prices, multiple wheel companies, and the styles are equally as varied.

Much appreciated-

Shane

wheel1
View attachment 3503744

Wheel2
View attachment 3503746

Wheel3
View attachment 3503748

I like the cleaner style of #2. I vote eliminate #3.

I like the cleaner style of #2. I vote eliminate #3.
Same here. The Braids can be with/without the ring. I've spoken to the owner of Braid, super nice guy and handles business himself!

My fav is wheel 8 (I know… boring) but it’s a 5 lug wheel on a 5 spoke which looks great but I don’t know how or if a 6 lug bolt pattern would work on that wheel.
absolutely not boring - i think it's has the 80's restomod look to it and it'll look even better with the color scheme tie-in; 6 lug is an option but can't find a pic to see what it actually look like. . .

@sschruff Can we get a photo of the truck? What tires and overall diameter for them? What are you going for in the build? This is a fun exercise with some unique choices, so I'll play along - but I'd like to know how they'll fit with the rest of the truck! If "SEMA semi-pro touring setup" from your first post is the answer ... I have no clue what that means haha.

I voted 7 as well.....but its the only 'tough' looking 'retro' choice I see, but the truck in my mind is any super clean 60....like the TLC ones for instance.

That said, something like this seems nice....tough / retro / but looks "technical" (new/strengh/lightness) if that makes sense....like what wheel 7 says to me.

fifteen52-09f150-patrol-hd-bronze-wheel-17x85-0mm-offset-phdbb-178565-00.T576589G04.jpg

@sschruff Can we get a photo of the truck? What tires and overall diameter for them? What are you going for in the build? This is a fun exercise with some unique choices, so I'll play along - but I'd like to know how they'll fit with the rest of the truck! If "SEMA semi-pro touring setup" from your first post is the answer ... I have no clue what that means haha.
@CruiserTrash - below is the primary pic that the overall design will resemble - slight tweaks/differences but a good image that embodies the overall design. The 60's body is currently in the paint booth, J has all the goodies at his shop.

Color is Cadillac Dark Emerald Green Metallic (paint code: G6N), going with a satin gold/bronze as the primary accent color. Lift will be approximately 1.5-2", tire size 31-32" and looking at Falken/Mickey Thompson/Goodyear; King & J's custom suspension setup. Rim/tire width will be determined if J can make the flares work or not, fingers/toes/eyes crossed he can=)

Semi-pro touring setup - going to try and strike a balance between street performance & off road ability. I don't crawl, mud or really do anything aside from fire road & light trail exploration, so 90% will be surface road use and yes, I'm going to enter & race her in a few local autocross meets. She'll be a pig in the corners but hell on wheels thru the straights.

SEMA - NOV 2024, Las Vegas, NV:

@iwashmycar - appreciate the feedback and agree 100%.

1702320826532.jpeg

Last edited:
@sschruff I know SEMA but thanks for filling me in on the rest. I read some of your build about the 850hp motor too. A unique build for sure!

Wheels #3 & #7 get my vote because both are unique, like the truck. The gold accents on #7 would go great with the green and make things pop a little bit. #3 are just plain funky.

@sschruff I know SEMA but thanks for filling me in on the rest. I read some of your build about the 850hp motor too. A unique build for sure!

Wheels #3 & #7 get my vote because both are unique, like the truck. The gold accents on #7 would go great with the green and make things pop a little bit. #3 are just plain funky.

The color is a frost/mist metallic green. So the gold is definitely a win IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom