Wheel Choice: Community Vote (3 Viewers)

Which wheel for SEMA 2024

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A mixture between the Cadillac green & Godzilla green, like this:

emerald green metallic.jpg

VgreenPIC.jpg

Green_Gold.jpg

and this if I Xpel wrap to give it the frost look - but able to maintain without the headache of flat/frost paint:

2022-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-dark-emerald-frost-hjc-6.jpg

A touch of the LEPRECHAUN my friend.
Trying my best to match the color of the globules that I've been coughing-up for the past year, brahahahahahahahaha!

#7 is my vote. But seriously, wheels for old trucks shouldn’t come from same shelf as
21 century tuner cars. You have missed two options in my opinion.
City Racer Stock wheels with caps.
Stealth Custom Series 5,6 & 8 spoke are all popular.

On the opening post ‘does it make a difference to driving experience?’ Yes, heavy E rated
tires are heavy for a reason - indestructibility. But they do steer heavy, tend to be noisy.
All by choice. Pay at the pump a bit too for heavy unstrung weight.
AT over MT ride much nicer, handle better and last longer. Just my thoughts on it.

#7 is my vote. But seriously, wheels for old trucks shouldn’t come from same shelf as
21 century tuner cars. You have missed two options in my opinion.
City Racer Stock wheels with caps.
Stealth Custom Series 5,6 & 8 spoke are all popular.

On the opening post ‘does it make a difference to driving experience?’ Yes, heavy E rated
tires are heavy for a reason - indestructibility. But they do steer heavy, tend to be noisy.
All by choice. Pay at the pump a bit too for heavy unstrung weight.
AT over MT ride much nicer, handle better and last longer. Just my thoughts on it.
Appreciate the input/opinion.

City Racer wheels - have a similar setup in a 17", the off-road set, 2 sets of caps included

Stealth Customs - looked at them HARD. Like the FA16 but not applicable for the 60 hub/flange/etc. Also really want forged for the street setup.

J's going to decide best tire for each application and knowing J, both will be severe duty rated.

And btw. . .nice rig!

Last edited:
Woke-up at 0530 this morning, still stewing over HRE's response. I would've been ok with either of them (Ring Brothers, HRE) flat-out saying 'no can do' for whatever(s) reason. But the response I got has been gnawing at me. Why? Because I hate pompous assholes. Not that it'll make the tiniest difference but this is what I sent this AM:

HRE-

I worked my ass off to finish a 10-year build to honor a project I started with my father. I've contacted HRE twice, requesting a partial or full sponsorship, zero replies from HRE not even a pay full retail or ****-off response.

Determined to put a set of HRE wheels on my build, I saved-up until I had the funds. I was told by HRE to contact Ring Brothers for a specific wheel I wanted (Ring Brothers K5 Bully build). Ring Brothers granted permission! Imagine how elated I was to hear the news but only to have that bubble popped by HRE. 'HRE will not change a single spec on the wheel'. It's CAD, literally would take less than 60 mins to change the wheel in width and offset. But I guess HRE can't be troubled with such mundane work and/or requests from little guys like me, you pompous assholes.

Boots on the ground and hooah! **** HRE. I'll do it myself. I'll take your design, tweak it and make it my own and find a company to build me a set of forged wheels. I'll see you guys at SEMA, along with my experience/take on HRE.

Shane A. Schruff

Support Your Local Veterans!
USAF/US Army DAV

I mean if money is no object, and it seems so since you were looking at HREs....Rays 05X just came out. If i had the money this is what i would have on my truck. Forged, light weight, made in Japan. 112mm centerbore fits over locking hubs.

IMO a japanese vehicle needs japanese wheels. Or replicas (SCS) of japanese wheels. Ive got a very strict only 5 spokes on cars no questions asked but thats just my personal preference.

face_02.jpg

Another forged option is the Bradley V Forged Takumi

Also Made in Japan. Light weight, Also Forged. Also will fit over manual hubs.

takumi_a01.jpg

If you are looking for the biggest flex at SEMA you could get some 15 inch 3 peice wheels like Lodio Drives or raguna zzyzx, have them refinished and rebarrelled to 17 inch with stepped lips and have true JDM 3 peice wheels on your show truck. Still cost less than any HRE or the two options i listed earlier.

Something like this, but refinished and new barrels

pJVZNwC3RTgvb9iksQ5xJIzGUxo-960.jpg

118235000_2778491282371981_3366744779231580730_n.jpg

Last edited:
I mean if money is no object, and it seems so since you were looking at HREs....Rays 05X just came out. If i had the money this is what i would have on my truck. Forged, light weight, made in Japan. 112mm centerbore fits over locking hubs.

IMO a japanese vehicle needs japanese wheels. Or replicas (SCS) of japanese wheels. Ive got a very strict only 5 spokes on cars no questions asked but thats just my personal preference.

face_02.jpg

Another forged option is the Bradley V Forged Takumi

Also Made in Japan. Light weight, Also Forged. Also will fit over manual hubs.

takumi_a01.jpg

If you are looking for the biggest flex at SEMA you could get some 15 inch 3 peice wheels like Lodio Drives or raguna zzyzx, have them refinished and rebarrelled to 17 inch with stepped lips and have true JDM 3 peice wheels on your show truck. Still cost less than any HRE or the two options i listed earlier.

Something like this, but refinished and new barrels

@dbbowen - really appreciate the constructive & informative feedback.

Spook! If I wasn't as tired & beat-up as I am today, I'd sweep my house for bugs - your reply basically read thru my saved folder and emails.

After hitting roadblocks with HRE last year, I reached out to Raguna several times via their jp homepage. Nothing but that's more likely a translational problem more than anything else.

Book marked the Rays 05x a week or so ago - again, thinking you might be a spook.

Book marked the Bradley's earlier this year, spook.

If we could've found a way to run a Toyota V8 (5.7) prior to making the call on the 6.2ls/whipple combo, I'd be all over the full JDM build, even going as far as opting for the not as comfortable Recaro seats over the School-Mann seats. But with the LS drivetrain, full spec JDM takes backseat.

But. . .can you imagine a supercharged Toyota v8 AWD death wagon!!! That's one of the goals (forged, forced induction) on the next build=)

Shane

@dbbowen - how about the S-face design! Really nice looking wheel.

Rays05x S-face.jpeg

Hahah im all about the LS under the hood but from the outside make it look JDM. I agree, if i was to do it again, i wouldnt have bought the Scheel Manns either. They are comfy but not as comfy as their price tag compared to some recaros or brides. Out of all of those monoblock wheels I like the Forged Bradleys the best hands down.

Money IS an object on my truck haha so i have replica Ragunas on my truck from SCS

@dbbowen

Did you see the RF06 or RF03? Would've made the wheel choice easy IF IF IF I could've located a stateside dealer/rep/importer. Do you know anyone that can get their hands on a set? I sent an email to Nengun on both the Rays and the Ragunas. If they say 'yeah, we can get them', will have to edit the vote selections - maybe take the top 3 voted wheels and add the Rays/Ragunas to the mix.

RF06:
Raguna RF06.png

RF03:
RF03.png

Last edited:
@dbbowen

Did you see the RF06 or RF03? Would've made the wheel choice easy IF IF IF I could've located a stateside dealer/rep/importer. Do you know anyone that can get their hands on a set? I sent an email to Nengun on both the Rays and the Ragunas. If they say 'yeah, we can get them', will have to edit the vote selections - maybe take the top 3 voted wheels and add the Rays/Ragunas to the mix.

RF06:
View attachment 3505538

RF03:
View attachment 3505539

Those arent really my style personally. Im pretty die hard on the five spoke design.

Another to consider is Work Meisters

That show stoppers offroad place seems to always have stock of TE37s and other japanese wheels. Might be worth reaching out to them. They have the Forged bradley Vs in stock right now

I had a similar experience with HRE last year. I’m local in San Diego and wanted to get a set of 20’s for my Blackwing.

They were telling me that I needed to bring the car in to be 3d scanned blah blah blah bullsh!t along with some sort of deposit. One of my business friends already had his car scanned by them so I knew they were blowing smoke up my a$$. Huge turn off from the get-go when your first interaction is full of lies. Waste of time.

Anyway I went with Terrance Sig / Signature wheels. Awesome experience.

I had a similar experience with HRE last year. I’m local in San Diego and wanted to get a set of 20’s for my Blackwing.

They were telling me that I needed to bring the car in to be 3d scanned blah blah blah bullsh!t along with some sort of deposit. One of my business friends already had his car scanned by them so I knew they were blowing smoke up my a$$. Huge turn off from the get-go when your first interaction is full of lies. Waste of time.

Anyway I went with Terrance Sig / Signature wheels. Awesome experience.
@saltycoconuts - first, I'd like to tell you to **** off, you bastard. Totally 100% envious of your Blackwing, just a beautiful beast of a vehicle!

HRE reached out earlier today, not a constructive conversation and like your experience, bull**** to the nth.

Got a quote from RVRN, still waiting on a quote from J's recommendation.

I'll reach out to Terrance Sig/Signature wheels, much appreciated.

Let's see that Blackwing, don't be stingy=)

@saltycoconuts - first, I'd like to tell you to f*** off, you bastard. Totally 100% envious of your Blackwing, just a beautiful beast of a vehicle!

HRE reached out earlier today, not a constructive conversation and like your experience, bulls*** to the nth.

Got a quote from RVRN, still waiting on a quote from J's recommendation.

I'll reach out to Terrance Sig/Signature wheels, much appreciated.

Let's see that Blackwing, don't be stingy=)
Definitely a great car, checks all the boxes. Only real complaint I have is that the gas tank is small therefore having a shorter than desirable range.

Haven’t had the chance to take glam photos with the Sig wheels and lowering springs but OEM is always sexy
IMG_7371.jpeg

Definitely a great car, checks all the boxes. Only real complaint I have is that the gas tank is small therefore having a shorter than desirable range.

Haven’t had the chance to take glam photos with the Sig wheels and lowering springs but OEM is always sexy
View attachment 3505616
Beautiful, sexy, stunning - and worthy of being a collector.

Check your inbox=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom