[3FE] Chasing a belt/pulley squeak after a radiator replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I recently had the radiator replaced on my FJ62 with a CSF unit at a shop near here. It’s been doing fine cooling wise but after some miles on the truck, it’s developed an intermittent squeak.

My first thought was maybe the belt wasn’t tensioned right during reinstall, but it doesn’t have a full time very loud squeal like rubber on metal. Mor like a rhythmic chirping.

I tried some belt conditioner spray and it audibly quieted down when I sprayed the compressor pulley. The squeak returned about two days later. In preparing to get the truck back to the shop, I cleaned off the belts and pulleys with a parts cleaner and that made it go away for another few days. I wanted to get the issue reproducing reliably before taking it in again.

I had this compressor rebuilt 3 years ago and it seems odd it would be failing this early. Could it be the clutch bearing? It engages fine and won’t make a noise all the time.

I tried to get a video of the noise and this one is audible, but not as loud as it has been:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom