Builds My Tucson 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am pretty happy with my decision to keep the original paint. Sure, I repainted a few items but I think it will all blend together after some use and sun light.

20220805_152545.jpg

It does but it will still fit under the skid plate

Done it but didn't like it. I have a PTO housing that got too close to the exhaust and started melting housing. Didn't leak but must have added bunch of heat to the gear oil. 1/79 Toyota finally figured it out and moved the exhaust out the frame around the transmission and transfer case on all 4X series except the BJ4X series. The transfer case is too close on the right so was alway out the frame.

I am pretty happy with my decision to keep the original paint. Sure, I repainted a few items but I think it will all blend together after some use and sun light.

View attachment 3078611
I agree 100%. This is one of my favorite cruisers.

Thanks for all the kind words. It helps keep me motivated. Still got a few things to finish and a couple weeping brake lines to deal with.
I did get to run the motor for a good bit today. I fired it up twice and ran it for 10 minutes each time. It needs some fine tuning, but everything sounded good.

Nice Patrol!

Spotted this Patrol in Winslow a couple of years ago.
IMG_20190911_152142256.jpg

Talked to the owner he lives in Winslow and has a few Patrols. I think how much simpler my life would be if I had a Patrol verses an FJ40 originally. Hobby would have more manageable with the lack of them.

Yes, all wheels are 15''. Two are riveted, one is welded.

Do you know of a way to identify riveted verses welded from the front?

Looking at both wheels, the " slots" are longer on the welded wheel?
Is there something else?

I love these builds. Keep up the great work, this has been an inspiration for my 1970 FJ40 project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom