Builds My Tucson 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the clutch line and the front brake line finished. I also made and installed these silly charcoal canister lines and fuel separator doo dad. All hidden under these covers.

20210716_193423.jpg
20210716_193439.jpg
20210716_202926.jpg

My Dad came and helped today. He got the seats all torn down ready for clean up and some paint. I finished up a few loose ends. Installed the correct parking brake cable and got that working. I replaced the front tcase output seal as it was leaking.

My new oem dash pad showed up today along with a couple more bits. Good stuff.

20210717_134537.jpg
20210717_145659.jpg

Dad helping… priceless.

Windshield is getting installed in the frame. Should have that back tomorrow. In the meantime, just bolting on a few things and planning my next moves........still alot to do.

Gas pedal......need to figure out all the linkage. Here are oem hold down points for the tool bag mounted under the driver seat. It's amazing they stayed with the truck despite just being thrown in a coffee can. They look real nice in the picture, but are pretty much raw metal. I will paint them. Sorry no gold cad plating like factory.

20210720_175344.jpg
20210720_175352.jpg

Bolted in the driver seat and placed the passenger seat in to get the visual. They might come back out for wiring access. Either way, I wanted to see how it looked and fit. Nice.......but alittle tight for me at 6'4''. :hillbilly:

20210723_174628.jpg
20210723_184006.jpg
20210723_184027.jpg

I have some seat brackets that move the seat back. They where on my cruiser when I got it. I guess one of my PO’s was taller? I took them off, but I can get you pictures later.

Something I had to fix as an after thought was the windshield knob brackets. They were both ripped off the dash and one was missing. I fabbed up a replacement (found an oem one later in the shed....lol). Then, I attached them to the dash using steel rivets. I trial fit the dash pad a few times. All seems well.

I wanted to install the dash pad but learned I am missing the retainer strip. I gotta order that and some new lower dash pads now. It's always something.

20210724_100142.jpg
20210724_151058.jpg

Figured out the oem dash layout and took inventory of my switches and pulls. I swapped out the originals for others I had in better condition. Cleaned them up and installed in the dash. I also made a short harness for the fuel gauge and installed that. Now the passenger seat and seat belt is bolted in for the last time (i hope...). 🍻

20210725_131806.jpg

Bolted in the driver seat and placed the passenger seat in to get the visual. They might come back out for wiring access. Either way, I wanted to see how it looked and fit. Nice.......but alittle tight for me at 6'4''. :hillbilly:
Forgive me if you already know this, but the two rear and the front left seat bracket can be rotated 180 degrees. Then a short piece of flat bar with a couple holes can be added to the front seat brackets. It gives you a couple extras inches while keeping mostly stock brackets. It's easily reversible should the next owner want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom