My LSEAT leather seat experience and install directions (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As a few others have sprinkled into this thread, don't expect any longevity with the lseat leather. I'm at 4 years and about 20k miles on mine, and now have several wear/tear areas in the driver seat bottom. This with semi-regular care and treatment of the leather.
All the "just installed" pics are great but just know that you will be doing the work again soon....
Agreed... I now have multiple tears on my driver's seat, including some zero wear locations (like my headrest??)

I've updated my first post.

Last edited:
For those who have had issues with the LSeat material coming apart some time after install, did you purchase the “full leather” option or just order the standard?

I have a set of Recaro LX seats I am considering reupholstering and using in my 60 (leather on the bolsters and reusing striped oem material on the centers), and I noticed a few comments on lseat.com about paying extra for the full leather option.

Seems the standard covers they offer use vinyl (of low quality) on all but the main seat surface, and the wear/degradation you’re experiencing is on those secondary surfaces (headrest, upper and lower sides, rear of seat back).

8527AC45-52C0-49E4-A7F1-BB62783AD86D.jpeg

LSeat full leather option

Related, I also noticed a comment that piping isn’t real leather, even with the full leather option purchased. Choosing to have piping on your seats may open that area up to accelerated wear since it’d be the same crappy vinyl.

I've redone both of my e-30 seats with LSeat's skins. The tan seats held up nicely over time, the black seat is new as of last week so we will see. They did do my custom diamond pattern and layout which was super nice. Also they are making a rear set for me for material cost only because they haven't patterned an e30 tourings folding rear seats yet which is super awesome of them. For the cost its super worth it, and it's really not that hard of a job to do, just tedious.

IMG_9116.jpeg

IMG_9114.jpeg

IMG_8159.jpeg

Seeing many of these pics disappoints me.

I installed new LSeat leathers in the rear at the same time I replaced my driver seat with a Sparco just over 10 months ago.

No one sits in the back, but I often fold the seat forward when picking up metal and any large cargo -

20220319_134041.jpg

I recovered my 2nd row with L seat leather almost 4 years ago. It's had a fair bit of use since then with my 4 kids and our two dogs and is holding up very well so far. I guess time will tell if it continues to be as durable but so far it has done quite well.

IMG_3424 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I've redone both of my e-30 seats with LSeat's skins. The tan seats held up nicely over time, the black seat is new as of last week so we will see. They did do my custom diamond pattern and layout which was super nice. Also they are making a rear set for me for material cost only because they haven't patterned an e30 tourings folding rear seats yet which is super awesome of them. For the cost its super worth it, and it's really not that hard of a job to do, just tedious.
did you install these skins yourself? what about the back panel? curious as i have an e30 as well, but with cardinal red sport seats. no rips yet but surface wear to the bolsters of course.

i don't see how full leather seats will rips and tear like the pics of what seems like vinyl sides. disappointing for sure.

After looking over the samples, I'm kinda torn between the Bisque and the Ecru White :hmm:

Cleaned up a spot on my leather and it kind falls somewhere in between these two samples :meh:

Has anyone here gone with the Ecru White?
I had the same question. Has anyone here gone with the Ecru White?

I've really got to post pics of my Lseat leather. 7 years old now and full of cracks. It needs to be replaced however my wife tells me I'm spending too much on the Cruiser.

As someone who has installed a few dozen of these over the years including my own cruisers I would not buy these. I don't even quote out Lseat anymore. Have had numerous quality issues with the leather. Sure it looks great to begin with but within a year some of the leather dye starts coming off. I've tried several leather treatments to keep the seats from doing this and nothing works. I've had them send me dye to touch up spots. It didn't work. If you are going to pay someone to install these or spend your time installing them then don't cheap out. You can buy a way better product from Frank and it will last more than 3-4 years. I stopped offering LSeat as an option years ago.

As someone who has installed a few dozen of these over the years including my own cruisers I would not buy these. I don't even quote out Lseat anymore. Have had numerous quality issues with the leather. Sure it looks great to begin with but within a year some of the leather dye starts coming off. I've tried several leather treatments to keep the seats from doing this and nothing works. I've had them send me dye to touch up spots. It didn't work. If you are going to pay someone to install these or spend your time installing them then don't cheap out. You can buy a way better product from Frank and it will last more than 3-4 years. I stopped offering LSeat as an option years ago.
Thank you for weighing in on the topic. I'm sure I missed it somewhere in the 7 pages of this thread, but can someone post a link to "Frank". My finger was on the trigger to roll the dice with Lseat but now I'd like to see what options Frank has. I need to replace the front seats on my '04 GX470 and my '97 FZJ80

I had my LSeat leathers (LARK) installed in January of 2015. I did the front row with new Lexus seat bottoms and upper and lower seat heaters. I had no issues until last year when the driver's seat started to tear.
FWIW, I had no color run issues, and obviously the only trouble spots are on the driver's seat.
Currently looking for options, but it will likely have to wait until next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom