Builds The 60 known as Mamabear: a tale of rust and good times. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I checked several things this weekend.

Both drag links are the correct factory lengths.
All TRE are tight and there is no play.
The end of the TRE that attaches to the steering box is tightened to factory specs.

I was out of ideas. A few weeks ago @samc2447 and I moved my spare to the passengers front tire and adjusted the rear brakes. Nothing changed.

I then added the return to center damper. Nothing changed.

Friday I moved the spare tire which used to be the right front, onto the drivers side front.

The pull has stopped. I’m going to return that tire to 4WP. I did an 80 mile drive on Saturday and now it doesn’t brake pull either. I’m not well versed in tire theory; but I never thought the left tire would cause a right pull. I guess I learned something new.

I checked the hub temps at the rotor, hub and caliper with an IR gun a week ago, and there was no difference in temp left to right.

I’m going to call it good for now. It’s likely just one defective tire. If they are willing to, I’m going to try and get the set swapped out to Yokohama Geolander G003 like what @Godwin is running.

Here is a link to the video of my front end moving around. No pops or clunks.

Last edited:
I would rather have noisy tires rather than this pulling bs. I wasn’t the only one.

934678DB-D5AA-4E53-9D58-20F7F3715982.png

B667F302-C7EB-4B1B-B449-7C8C9D14030F.png

67E469B0-EF6A-4FDB-8CAA-6FD96FC721FD.png

I'm just glad you finally looked at the steering
I'm surprised the tire was actually the issue but I've been surprised before

I’m running Cooper ST Maxx. Have just over 6K on them since the swap and they are such a great tire. Had them on my 02 Tundra put on 45K miles before selling it and they still had life left.
CADF1CC3-76D4-4499-BBF9-B7C3F968549F.jpeg
0C0EE423-9EE2-44D2-9AAE-738605C535CE.jpeg

I’m running Cooper ST Maxx. Have just over 6K on them since the swap and they are such a great tire. Had them on my 02 Tundra put on 45K miles before selling it and they still had life left.
View attachment 2263412View attachment 2263413

If they had them in 255/85-16 I would have gone with them. There’s not a ton of options in tall and skinny.

The truck is doing great. I need to level the truck out purely for appearance. I’m leaning towards pulling a leaf out of the CS005 rear over raising the front end with a taller OME shackle up front.

I’m happy with the tires. They’re actually breaking in nicely.

EB81858D-9EDC-41FA-A418-CC8E83909189.jpeg

6869AC7E-ED51-4B84-B25F-1739C427C9A5.jpeg

42E6A2EE-D5A1-4919-8717-744907476619.jpeg

@HemiAlex 60 looks great. Interesting to see and hear the rear springs are too tall even with a rear bumper. Remind me, are you running A/A, A/B, or B/B springs?

Running a/b and it doesn’t lean. I can’t explain that.

I just want it to lower down an inch in the back or gain an inch of height up front.

Running a/b and it doesn’t lean. I can’t explain that.

I just want it to lower down an inch in the back or gain an inch of height up front.

Yea pull a leaf and the 4.8" shackle up front or the CCoT shackle up front could do it. That's what I have and its level when loaded.

Yea pull a leaf and the 4.8" shackle up front or the CCoT shackle up front could do it. That's what I have and its level when loaded.

If I get the ome rear shackle for the front, I can raise it 1” without having to take the rear leafs apart.

I’m sure I can probably recoup half of that by selling the old shackles from the front.

If I get the ome rear shackle for the front, I can raise it 1” without having to take the rear leafs apart.

I’m sure I can probably recoup half of that by selling the old shackles from the front.

I’m in the exact same boat Alex, only I have CS004 on all 4 corners. The standard rear OME shackle measures 3.5” center to center on the bolts. From memory think the standard OME front shackle is 3”, can you measure your fronts to confirm?

(EDIT: fronts are 3.25”)

I used the 3.5” rear shackles on front and back when I installed a long time ago. (The rear shackles are also slightly beefier, OME also warns not to use front shackles on the rear). It did not help with the ass high rake any.

@mattressking So is there another longer OME shackle available? I would consider that and pulling a rear leaf as well. I love the rear height on mine, hate the front.

Last edited:
I’m in the exact same boat Alex, only I have CS004 on all 4 corners. The standard rear OME shackle measures 3.5” center to center on the bolts. From memory think the standard OME front shackle is 3”, can you measure your fronts to confirm?

I used the 3.5” rear shackles on front and back when I installed a long time ago. (The rear shackles are also slightly beefier, OME also warns not to use front shackles on the rear). It did not help with the ass high rake any.

@mattressking So is there another longer OME shackle available? I would consider that and pulling a rear leaf as well. I love the rear height on mine, hate the front.

Nah, OME only offers one size but other companies offer extended versions. OME is essentially stock length. Any Extended shackle will only yield half of its increased length. So if it’s 1” longer, expect about .5” lift. I did extended shackles and AAL up front with A designation rear springs and had to take a leaf out to get it somewhat close. Loaded down she’s even so that’s fine with me...but i still want the front higher and add the rear leaf back in.

If they had them in 255/85-16 I would have gone with them. There’s not a ton of options in tall and skinny.
Cooper's website shows they make them in 255/85R16, and I've found places that sell them online. I was looking at getting a set when my BFGs are worn out.

Nah, OME only offers one size but other companies offer extended versions. OME is essentially stock length. Any Extended shackle will only yield half of its increased length. So if it’s 1” longer, expect about .5” lift. I did extended shackles and AAL up front with A designation rear springs and had to take a leaf out to get it somewhat close. Loaded down she’s even so that’s fine with me...but i still want the front higher and add the rear leaf back in.

Gotcha, yea I didn’t think OME had longer versions. Just cruised your thread a bit and see what you are referencing. Did you do the MAF 4.8” shackle? Their shackles list is a little confusing.
These?....
393F1276-A4F7-4AC1-8478-09E80C620DD8.jpeg

That’s it! Just one pair for the front. I’d try the ccot ones as well if same length.

Gotcha, yea I didn’t think OME had longer versions. Just cruised your thread a bit and see what you are referencing. Did you do the MAF 4.8” shackle? Their shackles list is a little confusing.
These?....
View attachment 2283803

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom