Finally! A seat at the 60 table. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There's a good shop in the city. He just wasn't looking. The toy shop on geary st.
I just buy and after a while it was "you have to sell something to get another one". Like many of us out there, I just don't have the space. I guess I've been lucky that my wife puts up with me. I do have to thin the heard though.
I think you got a good deal if it's rust free.
I think after getting turned away by his first few inquiries he was disheartened and gave up looking. If you don’t wrench at all and your new toy is just sitting there staring at you in your garage, I can imagine it being pretty frustrating.

The serious rust was cut out and patched up. They didn’t grind anything down, but I can live with that for now. Grateful they did a decent job painting it. It’s all mainly around the roof and the door skins. Frame was blasted and repainted. Pans are solid but surface rust started to show. One spot started to bubble at the corner windshield.

I felt like I caught it at just the right time to save it.

I think if I could resolve the (can’t drive past 45 mph without dying out) problem, soon and without costing me too much - $6500 was a great entry price!

I dunno. Just having it already smogged means so much to me. LOL. Gives me time to freshen her up, yet still legally drive it.
Totally agree. Did it more to just check it off the list. Will inspect both those shortly.
So I did a can of sea foam in a full tank of gas. Pulled the bolt for the secondary jet and sprayed carb cleaner in there. Warmed her up for a few minutes and took her out for a drive.

It seems like if I feather the gas just right, albeit not consistently though, SHE FLIES. Pulls all the way into 4th gear.

But more often than not, second gear is fine, but once you gas it to go into third she bogs. Won’t die…..just slows, and bogs. No sudden shudder. No jerking. Like a smooth power down. I’ll shift back into second and she’s alive again.

What about loosening the exhaust flanges? I haven’t touched them. Should I be??

@DonBScurd , you said around the roof? may i suggest you search in here for roof n rust repairs . they can be an issue
sounds like your vendor is one of these guys that thinks throwing $$$$$ is the solution :meh:

@DonBScurd , you said around the roof? may i suggest you search in here for roof n rust repairs . they can be an issue
sounds like your vendor is one of these guys that thinks throwing $$$$$ is the solution

Roof was an area previous own cut out major rust spots and welded in patches. Some light surface rust has begun to show in other areas, but nothing I can’t handle myself.

Grateful, no matter what, for the opportunity to keep one on the road.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom