My 76 1UZ build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, although not definitive, it seems like the lamp circuit does more than just act an idiot light. From various forums, it seems to form part of the field current, without it, some alternators will only charge at higher rpm. The other thing it does or can do depending on the alternator is block the alternator from keeping the ignition circuit charged (i.e. engine won't shut off with key). The light can be replaced with a 10ohm resistor and a diode, or an led light as it acts like a diode.
So, will order a couple of bits with my next amazon order - may not be required, but may as well.
For fun, here is a pic of the shocks that finally arrived, also got brake lines in, the fuel delivery finally sorted (except I still need to do pedal to throttle body - anyone have pics of a cabled system?), rebuilt the intake to accept a new temp sensor and idle control and a host of small annoying little things. Nice thing about the aftermarket ecu is that I don't need a MAF as the ones on the 1UZ are fairly restrictive - it relies on a wide spectrum CAM sensor mid-way through the exhaust.
Three weeks exactly to move out date, not sure I will be able to fire her up before then or not...

20210522_155909.jpg
20210522_184231.jpg
20210609_112052.jpg

I did have a rant earlier about Bilstein having utterly useless technical support on these:bang:, but bought them anyway based on the advice of the 4wheel parts guy (who i know knows his sh#t), so with that disclaimer, they are 5165 series, BIL 25-187724 front and BIL 25-187717.

Now that's an offer that is hard to refuse :)
I don't have a checklist, but at a minimum I need to wire in the fuel pump and starter, get and install battery and lines, run a vac to the ecu, add oil and test.. After that the fan, alternator, coolant, join the chassis wiring and do the exhaust... if you have the time, I'd be appreciative :) Especially since it looks like the house we are buying doesn't have a shop :eek:, so I will have to build one before I can get wrenching again...

Happy dance:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:, thanks to @mano002, who helped out big time by not letting me get away with, 'its fine, i did that part right' only to discover that the fuel lines were crossed and the first 2 attempts were dry... we then got:

And now, tools go down for an indefinite period of time - pack up date is the 29th, if we finally close on this new place it will need lots of work and there is no shop, so this little piggy is going to take a nap.

Shows it roots, plus you won’t be nervous to load gear.

So I seem to have missed all of 2022 in terms of pig things - hope you all have been doing well.
The truck has sat largely untouched over the last year and a half as I work on a long list of house things and wanted to take advantage of Yukon living, but the house list will start to wind down this year and I hope to get back to it. Still don't have a shop and there is snow on the ground well into May here, but the goal will be to get the exhaust welded up around then and finish the little bits. Part of the challenge was lack of power to run the welder, but my wife thinks we need back up power for the house so, that might be a two bird solution (dryer circuit is too far from the pig to be of any use).
Anyway, I have some catch up reading to do - Cheers, Kerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom