Mufflers for 350 Chevy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys..... what kind of mufflers do you recommend? I have a 350 CID Chevy, dual exhaust, which is in need of new mufflers. Present ones have a "roar" at trail speeds that is somewhat annoying.

Your suggestions, please.

How much space do you have? I'm happy with the 2" turbo mufflers I've bought from the jobber here. They were about $50 each, and I don't cry when I crush one of them. One set were labeled as "Raptor" mufflers. They're oval mufflers about a foot long... All there is space for.:D

For loud and small with great sound, spintech pros.

For super cheap and super clearance 4-5 inch round mufflers dynomax race bullets.
Or Moroso spiroflows.

Any muffler that is chambered will have a drone at. Specific rpm. A straight flow muffler will have much less

Any turbo muffler will be quiet and usually lower power.

I'm running both headers into a single Flow-Master. I think it's quiet, but it's hard to hear over the engine and drivetrain noise. At least it's not louder than they are.

For loud and small with great sound, spintech pros.

For super cheap and super clearance 4-5 inch round mufflers dynomax race bullets.
Or Moroso spiroflows.

Any muffler that is chambered will have a drone at. Specific rpm. A straight flow muffler will have much less

Any turbo muffler will be quiet and usually lower power.

The turbo mufflers I'm running are quiet unless you step into it.

With a 350, I'm not worried about lower power... It'll spin the rear wheels through 1st and 2nd on dry pavement (even with 2500 lbs over the rear axle).:)

Thanks, guys. I'm doing some investigating, and listing to U-tube sounds. My objective is to get it as quiet as possible. Looks like my existing mufflers are 2 1/4" inlet/outlet; oval shape 4" X 10"; 14" body length. Don't have room for much more than these.

My Dynomax is very quiet, only rumbles a little when decelerating hard or running with your foot up it's a$$.

Flowmaster is loud :mad:

I have a generic muffler that is much quieter - on a 2F, though

Bret, can you provide more details on your installation? Dual or single mufflers? Exact muffler you have? I'm thinking maybe a completely new system, and going to single exhaust. I don't need any horsepower benefits that might be gained by staying with dual exhaust.

Maybe send me an E-Mail? atazman at sbcglobal dot com

Thanks.....

I have a dual in dual out single magnaflow muffler (not sure that would work on a 40) but it is reasonable at low rpm and idle but pretty lowd at WOT.

I am running a 383 SBC with 2" Rams-Horns, supposed to be 2.5" exhaust but when measured it looks closer to 2.25. They join under the oil pan and go back as a single exiting out the driver side behind the tire at an angle. It is a Dynomax 17748 "Super Turbo" w/2.5" inlet/outlet. Runs out of steam above 4-5K but that is likely because of the cam not the exhaust.

Here is a link to see kinda how they sound.

Dynomax Super Turbo Flow Muffler (17748) - YotaTech Forums

Thanks, Bret. That is exactly the information I was hoping for.

Mine is similiar to Brett's, but I'm running a 60 series Flowmaster, nice rumble but not obnoxious. Sorry, no sound byte.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom