More evidence why the LX is quieter than the Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went a step further on my LX and added additional rubber sealing gaskets around the door frames and pillars. It made about a -3db difference over the already "quiet" LX.
Do you have any photos handy of where you added the additional rubber sealing gaskets? I have been looking at my doors and trying to work out where I can further enhance the sound deadening of the doors.

^^ ditto.

@SmoothLC and @TLEXAS ... I'll snap some pics later today and tag y'all in the post. Best $14 upgrade I've done.

This is what I used though.....https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-E-O-9-16-in-x-5-16-in-x-10-ft-Black-EPDM-Cellular-Rubber-Weather-Strip-Tape-Cushioned-Ribbed-V27BK/301319305

Thank you! I've been meaning to put this together anyway. Here's a comprehensive parts list that includes the extra seal under each door and the seal on the leading edge of the rear door. These are what the test results reflect. We have not found a pn for that wheel well seal so I haven't been able to test it but I'm still trying to hunt it down. Hopefully we can find it soon.

Also, if anyone is looking at purchasing these I have the 2 clips that are needed to hold the leading edge strip on. I accidentally ordered 4 total thinking it would be 2 per side but it's actually 2 total with 1 per side. If you cover shipping you can have them.

FRONT DOORS:
Part No.: 67863-60020
WEATHERSTRIP, FR DOOR, RH - $23.27

Part No.: 67864-60020
WEATHERSTRIP, FR DOOR, LH - $23.27

REAR DOORS:
Part No.: 67888-60010
WEATHERSTRIP, RR DOOR, LH - $23.27

Part No.: 67887-60010
WEATHERSTRIP, RR DOOR, RH - $23.27

REAR DOOR LEADING EDGE STRIP:
Part No.:67896-60020
WEATHERSTRIP, RR DOOR, LH - $10.17

Part No.:67895-60020
WEATHERSTRIP, RR DOOR, RH - $10.17

Part No.:90467-05162-B0
CLIP - $0.80 (qty.2)

*All prices are according to www.lexuspartsnow.com, prices may vary depending on the supplier

Let me know what you guys think of this, the way it looks to me is it's the front fender seal we've been looking for but I could be wrong

Possible wheel well seal??:
Part No.: 53867-60060
SEAL, FRONT FENDER TO COWL SIDE, LH - $25.01

Part No.: 53866-60060
SEAL, FRONT FENDER TO COWL SIDE, RH - $25.01

Part No.:90467-10186
CLIP - $1.46 (qty.2)

Part No.:90467-08015-01
CLIP - $0.68 (qty.4)

View attachment 1448909

I bought and installed the two fender seals (part #53867-60060 and 53866-60060) and the clips came pre-installed. Obviously it was cheap for the clips, but I thought I would warn potential future buyers that they don't need to buy the clips separately.

Thanks for all the info in this thread, this mod was very easy. To be perfectly honest, I trust that the truck is quieter but practically speaking I could barely notice. I installed all the bits referenced in the quoted posts above.

After installing the fender seals (Part No.: 53866-60060 and 53867-60060) here is my tips. The pointy end should be pointing to the ground (see finger photo). When sliding the fender seal from the top, one "leg" of the seal will slip between the fender and the body (see 1st photo for orientation). I took off the plastic screws so I can tell when the holes align. Following these tips will make this a 30 minute job. Hope my tips helps.

The rear passenger weatherstrip is pretty self explanatory =)

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

Bringing back an old thread.
Does anyone know if there is a strip for the gap between the rear doors and body at the C pillar?
Or does the rear door weatherstrip on new MYs cover that gap? Or not?
The only two places on my LC that have the gap is the one at the top of the B pillar between the front and rear doors and the rear door and body.
@TheForger?

Bringing back an old thread.
Does anyone know if there is a strip for the gap between the rear doors and body at the C pillar?
Or does the rear door weatherstrip on new MYs cover that gap? Or not?
The only two places on my LC that have the gap is the one at the top of the B pillar between the front and rear doors and the rear door and body.
@TheForger?
I don’t have the FSM in front of me right now to check if there is normally something there for the LX, but on my LC the gaps are the same as yours. The door weatherstripping has material between the rear door glass and quarter panel glass here

A1083192-3021-4DC7-AF47-CB30963AE26C.jpeg

But nothing between the door and body except for the inside edge

DC8FFFDA-C0ED-4299-88E4-4661BFB926EB.jpeg

Yup, same here.
Was hoping there was a "fix." lol

Great thread! I'm putting a parts list together but it seems like the only seal I can't find is the one that goes on the front lower half of the right rear door, 67895-600200. It's showing out of stock at all the places I'm familiar with. Anyone have a source?

Try Amayama.com

Great thread! I'm putting a parts list together but it seems like the only seal I can't find is the one that goes on the front lower half of the right rear door, 67895-600200. It's showing out of stock at all the places I'm familiar with. Anyone have a source?

Part No. does not look right -- suspect there is a typo, maybe should be 67895-60020??

Genuine Toyota 67895-60020 (6789560020) WEATHERSTRIP, REAR DOOR NO.3, RH

6789560020 Toyota WEATHERSTRIP, REAR DOOR, NO.3 RH, Price: 9.51$, Weight: 0.047kg - PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

Reactions: GTV
Thanks but that looks like the one that fits on the front of the rear door.

Apologies -- I must have misunderstood the question by @GTV ….

“…. the only seal I can't find is the one that goes on the front lower half of the right rear door, 67895-600200 …. does anyone have a source?”

The second section of @GTV's given part number “-600200” just does not look right for a Lexus or Toyota part number (usually 5 numbers, not 6 numbers here). Anyway, the partsouq catalalogue often is good way to find part numbers, often with pictures. The rest of the list and accompanying diagram may help:

PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World
(Scroll down to relevant section in the list at this link -- clicking on the part usually brings up a diagram or a picture or both).

Good luck!

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct @IndroCruise Thanks for catching my goof :)

No problem @GTV -- we all make the occcasional typo. Hope you can find what you need a little closer to home than UAE! I am still watching with admiration your refurbishments on 2007 LC "VX" and elsewhere. More pics please .....

I got the fender-to-cowl seals in today and installed them both. A few notes about these: (1) the additional clips are unnecessary because the seals come with them already; (2) on my 2000 LC there is no hole for the top clip to fit into, so I had to run it without for the time being. I may go back and add some double-sided tape where that clip would be to stick it to the fender, but unless you take the door off there is no way you will be able to get a drill back there to make a hole. I assume the later models that come with the seals already have those holes in the fender. Other than that install was fairly easy. You do have to monkey around with them a bit to make them fit between the door and fender while the door is partially open, but once you get it back there snapping it into place is easy. Looking at the design it really seems like these should make a difference. Keyword being should...there is an open-cell foam that lines the backside of the weatherstrip and it makes a nice seal where the body transitions into the fender (there is usually a gap here). Hard to explain and hard to get quality pictures, but you will understand if you see them in person. I will give me opinion on road/wind noise tomorrow when I drive it.

*Disregard all the dirt and trail rash, she's beaten not babied (too much):)

View attachment 1519192

Before the seal, the two holes are circled but as you can see there is no top hole

View attachment 1519193

View attachment 1519194

I may put some double-sided tape where the hole is to keep the top part in place

View attachment 1519195

The foam makes a nice seal around the door hinge as well

View attachment 1519196

Ok, coming back to this thread.
I ordered the fender to cowls via Amayama and it looks like my 99 MY does NOT have the holes to install them.
Go figure - should have checked closely before ordering them.
So I'll put them up on the Classifieds here in a day or two.
:(

Last edited:
So does anyone have a definitive part list of all the seals, or most of the seals people use here? I've got an 03 LC thats pretty loud inside, and i'd love to quiet it down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom