LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just did mine last week. Output is awesome! can even compare to stock headlights. At end state my lights consisted of Mini H1 low beam, LED high beam (running light delete), 4" round LED and 2 x 4 LED on the under the car/font bumper. Prior to conversion, I relied on the 4" round and 2x4 LED and kept getting high beamed by incoming traffic. In the end I was able to adjust everything so the incoming traffic no longer high beam me. I have a 10" inch lift with 38" tires so I sit pretty high. Luke's brackets made the conversion possible which otherwise I would not have attempted. The hardest part of the install was removing the headlight from the car and removing residue glue after removing the lens (used the dabbing technique as Luke suggested but it was not good enough, had to use goe off). Luke's bracket made the adjustments very simple.

Last edited:
Stay tune... looks like I'll be selling new OEM lights retrofitted with the Mini H1 and retrofitting services for anybody looking for a finish product or to have their lights retrofitted. I should have all the pricing set by sometime next week and all the work will be done by someone who's very experienced and part of our community
LB
Interested

Anyone know if these will work with DDM Tuning D2S? OP?

If DDM D2S has a different mounting bolt pattern then the Morimoto D2S the brackets will not work...
If you absolutely have to run the DDM D2S
you could buy my bracket and attach a plate to fit the bolt pattern you desire
The D2S brackets are not available yet but you can order one for the Mini H1

If DDM D2S has a different mounting bolt pattern then the Morimoto D2S the brackets will not work...
If you absolutely have to run the DDM D2S
you could buy my bracket and attach a plate to fit the bolt pattern you desire
The D2S brackets are not available yet but you can order one for the Mini H1
At 1/3rd the price, you could hugely expand the market for your brackets by making a set for DDM. I'm happy to be the guinea pig and can send you a set of projectors to work with.

Stay tune... looks like I'll be selling new OEM lights retrofitted with the Mini H1 and retrofitting services for anybody looking for a finish product or to have their lights retrofitted. I should have all the pricing set by sometime next week and all the work will be done by someone who's very experienced and part of our community
LB
Luke,

I already bought your bracket, but if there is an option to get it plug and play, I would be very interested.

Thank you.

At 1/3rd the price, you could hugely expand the market for your brackets by making a set for DDM. I'm happy to be the guinea pig and can send you a set of projectors to work with.
do a little research on that company though. The quality of their HID kits are subpar with amp outputs significantly lower than stated (the 35 watt ballasts were putting out 27 watts when tested) and are drop shipped from china and the service is horrendous.

Thanks for the offer but the fact is there's a limited market of folks willing to do their own retrofit on the LX470's and I'm really not interested in spending more time and money designing and fabricating another bracket. This was not a project formed around making money and i'm very comfortable with TRS and Morimoto. As I stated earlier you could very easily bolt a flat plate to my bracket with a cutout hole for the projector, drill your mounting holes and install the DDM only to find out it's not centered in the shroud or because of it's measurements it hits the shroud and you'll cut another one and run into another issue....I went through that process about 15 times... If that's something you're interested in tackling you should go for it.

do a little research on that company though. The quality of their HID kits are subpar with amp outputs significantly lower than stated (the 35 watt ballasts were putting out 27 watts when tested) and are drop shipped from china and the service is horrendous.
I'm not here to debate about which company is better. I've had great experiences with DDM. If you prefer TRS, go for it!

Thanks for the offer but the fact is there's a limited market of folks willing to do their own retrofit on the LX470's and I'm really not interested in spending more time and money designing and fabricating another bracket. This was not a project formed around making money and i'm very comfortable with TRS and Morimoto. As I stated earlier you could very easily bolt a flat plate to my bracket with a cutout hole for the projector, drill your mounting holes and install the DDM only to find out it's not centered in the shroud or because of it's measurements it hits the shroud and you'll cut another one and run into another issue....I went through that process about 15 times... If that's something you're interested in tackling you should go for it.
Got it! It's well beyond my skill set, and I'm very grateful to at least have the TRS option. Hell, I'll probably end up going the D2S route when it's available.

I posted this in another thread, but thought it useful to remind everyone using this kit the basics of aiming after a retrofit after it helped me the first time:

The break in the beams should be the same distance apart at 25 feet as they are at the headlights and they should be completely level. That distance is to only measure the drop of the beam.

Best video I found showing it.

Just 1 more week on the D2S bracket, right?

Also, which harness do I use from TRS? H1/H3?

Are you sure you're prepared to dremel and open up your shrouds?? If you mess one up you're buying a new housing or sourcing a used on.
The Mini H1 will give you plenty of fire power

The Mini H1

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2280.JPG

LB

I also already bought a kit from you and would be very interested in this option! Thank you.

Here's the latest information regarding Brand New OEM retrofitted headlights to include the wiring harness and two other items one is a wiring harness extension and a 9006 connector that you swap with the OEM plug Priced at $1330.00 complete and ready to install and if you have the bracket $1240.00
plus shipping. I'm currently working on two retrofits that should be completed early next week. Send me a PM if you're ready to order or call me 703-371-8494
Oh! The price is subject to change based on cost of parts.

For anyone waiting for the D2S bracket it's on hold and I may not produce another version at all. I currently have two sets that I modified PM me if you're interested. There's not enough interest to invest more money on that bracket. If you're looking for more light output simply do the quad Mini H1

Regards

Lou

Last edited:
Sam, you'd need one pair of brackets for the OEM low beam location.... the high beam location doesn't require a bracket but it will require the back of the high beam shroud to be trimmed so you can tighten the nut on the projector. The fog light bracket has not been cut yet I simply mocked one up.

The easiest upgrade would be the Mini H1 using my bracket. If you feel you need more light you can do your fog lights when I have a bracket available or simply make your own.
If your still looking for more light you can then tackle the high beam location understanding it will require cutting the high beam shroud and if you crack or make a mistake you'll be sourcing another light housing. I crack one just removing it from the housing.

If you have experience retrofitting lights then go for the full setup or pay someone to do it otherwise the Mini H1 is a serious upgrade.

The only reason I decided to do the quad and fog lights is I had the extra projectors sitting around and I had four extra housing to play with

I've been trying to keep up with all of this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but all I need to upgrade the low beams is the bracket and Mini H1 bulbs (no "kit")? My hi-beams have decent bulbs but the lows suck. I'm just making sure I'm reading all of this correctly. Im new to DIY anything....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom