LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the latest information regarding Brand New OEM retrofitted headlights to include the wiring harness and two other items one is a wiring harness extension and a 9006 connector that you swap with the OEM plug Priced at $1330.00 complete and ready to install and if you have the bracket $1240.00
plus shipping. I'm currently working on two retrofits that should be completed early next week. Send me a PM if you're ready to order or call me 703-371-8494
Oh! The price is subject to change based on cost of parts.

For anyone waiting for the D2S bracket it's on hold and I may not produce another version at all. I currently have two sets that I modified PM me if you're interested. There's not enough interest to invest more money on that bracket. If you're looking for more light output simply do the quad Mini H1

Regards

Lou

Lou, how much time would you budget to swap using the OEM retrofitted headlights? I have basic mechanical skills, but have not done much on the truck besides installing a bluetooth adapter and roof rack.

Is the new OEM headlight glass lens or plastic?

Sam

New OEM are plastic and have been for a while

Lou, how much time would you budget to swap using the OEM retrofitted headlights? I have basic mechanical skills, but have not done much on the truck besides installing a bluetooth adapter and roof rack.

If it's you first time and you have pre-wired the harness and ballast I would give yourself 4-8 hours

If it's you first time and you have pre-wired the harness and ballast I would give yourself 4-8 hours

Is there a site you would recommend on how to remove the old assembly, add a pre-wired harness, and add a ballast? And to add the new light assembly? Trying to understand if I have the tools and skills. Thank you!

Is there a site you would recommend on how to remove the old assembly, add a pre-wired harness, and add a ballast? And to add the new light assembly? Trying to understand if I have the tools and skills. Thank you!

Go back to page 13 in this thread where I discuss a tool that will help remove the headlight filler clips. Page 14 has photo's and comments on removing the OEM projector and installing my bracket with a new projector. I would also recommend you watch as many videos on YouTube or the retrofit source on baking your headlights and re-sealing them . The wiring harness is very simple you hook the positive lead to the positive side of your battery the negative to the negative side and everything is plug and play with the harness and each wire is labeled. The two links below will help....also research and knowledge is your friend... it's not that difficult of a process.

LX 470 headlamp removal

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/media/custom/upload/File-1473952402.pdf

Did you put together a price for sending in existing housing and having your guy do the install, etc?

Did you put together a price for sending in existing housing and having your guy do the install, etc?

I haven't had enough request to get my guy involved. I'm currently working on a Mini H1 Quad setup for a guy in FL and another Mini H1 for someone local to me. They are both going with new OEM housing. I do have concerns shipping existing housing both directions and packing them to make sure they arrive safely ...at the end of the day you might be better off getting new housings packed in OEM boxes with shipping cost one way.
If I had to come up with a number it would be in the $580- $675 range

Struggling to get wiring harness installed correctly. Need help. Stranded at parents house after dark. OEM input to ballast and car harness do not match. Am I missing something?

Struggling to get wiring harness installed correctly. Need help. Stranded at parents house after dark. OEM input to ballast and car harness do not match. Am I missing something?

The OEM low beam connector needs to be replaced with a 9006 connector to match the harness

Did you get the H1 harness?

He has the H1 harness

Lou, thanks for your help and for quickly returning my call. We got it all wired up and it is incredible! Now to just get in touch with TRS as one of the splitters for the high beam has an issue. Did some trouble shooting by attaching it on both sides and for whatever reason it’s not getting power to the OEM high beam or the shutter solenoid.

I have the kit, but haven't started the install. Do I need to order a separate 9006 connector? If so, which one?

The first post in the Install Guide shows a picture of the ones I ordered from Amazon

The first post in the Install Guide shows a picture of the ones I ordered from Amazon

HI Luke,

Thanks, this is helpful. I think what would be just as useful as the install guide (thank you do much for that!) would be 2 things:

- an inventory of what is needed (or suggested) to get the job done. For example, your bracket, the mini H1 kit from TRS, this 9006 connector, etc. Most of us have never attempted anything like this and are just piecing things together hoping we have it all.
- a small wiring diagram, showing how all of the above pieces fit together in respect to the engine bay. Just something handwritten would be more than fine.

I think with the install guide and the above 2 items we would all feel comfortable tackling this knowing that we had everything needed, how it is laid out, and that we wouldn't leave ourselves stranded with no headlights if we are missing something.

Thanks again!

Chris

HI Luke,

Thanks, this is helpful. I think what would be just as useful as the install guide (thank you do much for that!) would be 2 things:

- an inventory of what is needed (or suggested) to get the job done. For example, your bracket, the mini H1 kit from TRS, this 9006 connector, etc. Most of us have never attempted anything like this and are just piecing things together hoping we have it all.
- a small wiring diagram, showing how all of the above pieces fit together in respect to the engine bay. Just something handwritten would be more than fine.

I think with the install guide and the above 2 items we would all feel comfortable tackling this knowing that we had everything needed, how it is laid out, and that we wouldn't leave ourselves stranded with no headlights if we are missing something.

Thanks again!

Chris

Chris, great suggestion... I just updated the first post of the Install Guide with links and information which should cover everything.

HID MINI H1 BRACKET AND PROJECTOR INSTALL GUIDE

I'm new to iH8mud, though I've been lurking these forums for quite awhile (the last year) leading up to me buying an 03 LX a couple weeks ago. Reading through all 19 pages of this thread is such a great example of how awesome, helpful, enthusiastic, kind this community is. I'm glad to be part of it.

...also definitely going to do this retrofit, I think it's an appropriate number of bananas since @Luke111 manufactured the brackets!

-Chris

I'm new to iH8mud, though I've been lurking these forums for quite awhile (the last year) leading up to me buying an 03 LX a couple weeks ago. Reading through all 19 pages of this thread is such a great example of how awesome, helpful, enthusiastic, kind this community is. I'm glad to be part of it.

...also definitely going to do this retrofit, I think it's an appropriate number of bananas since @Luke111 manufactured the brackets!

-Chris
Chris, first off, welcome! I wrapped up my @Luke111 MH1 based install last week and the brackets really do make it as close to “plug and play” as one could reasonably hope for. I’ll post a few points that I noted which may help others (and first time light bakers like me) yet to do this retrofit. I’d really recommend getting a set of these brackets and fitting projectors designed for HIDs, as opposed to re bulbing your OE halogen projectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom