Liftgate LED light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to add a light to the inside of my liftgate on my ‘18 LC 200. I have seen a video of someone tapping into the button for the power lift gate for a rock light. I have tried to search the forums but cant find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

I installed mine yesterday using the Baja design rock light. It’s was fairly simple instal. I tapped into the lift switch and it automatically turn off when the lift gate closes.

IMG_3137.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg

Many of us are using this:

Plug and play (you need small hands, I got my wife to plug it in), high quality, excelent functionality and light. Brendan is very responsive.

from that thread: "Yes fits all 200 series electric lift up tailgates through to the current 2020"

Plug and play (you need small hands, I got my wife to plug it in), high quality, excelent functionality and light. Brendan is very responsive.
Duro I agree you need small hands

I used one of the diffused KC Hilites Cyclone V2 lights w/ the flush mount kit mounted in the same location and tapped to the rear cargo light. Don't have a pic currently but can get one later if anyone is interested.

I have this one too. DEFINITELY need small hands, or be prepared to leave bits of skin in the hatch like I did. VERY responsive seller, zero hesitation to buy from again!

If I had it to do over, I would consider removing tailgate trim to avoid having to deglove my hand for the small connector.

I installed mine yesterday using the Baja design rock light. It’s was fairly simple instal. I tapped into the lift switch and it automatically turn off when the lift gate closes.

View attachment 3530006

View attachment 3530007

View attachment 3530008
I did exact same on my 2021, works great.

I used 2 National Luna dual color lights on the upper tailgate (and a door switch)... there is a fair amount of disassembly needed to do this and not tap existing power, all plastic on the upper tail gate, headliner is dropped a bit, pass side lower cargo plastic comes off, & drivers side is loosened.. there is a rear camera relocation video that victory4x4 has that goes through this.. takes a while to do...

But to me it was worth it - lights are Clear and Amber... and very bright..

IMG_2607.jpeg

IMG_2608.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom