Lighting upgrade help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,
I am the second owner of a 2013 LC 200.
When I purchased vehicle the interior lights had been changed to LEDs.
Now, one of the map lights is not working so I sourced some new LED lights and looked up the procedure to change the bulbs.

Interestingly, upon opening the unit it appears that this was more than a bulb upgrade (or not?).

No way to easily exchange a bulb as none there - all wired in.. is this normal? Not what I suspected.

Please see photos below- appreciate any advice or guidance.

Thanks.
IMG_8262.jpeg

IMG_8261.jpeg

If you take the lens off the other side you’ll probably find those wires going to an LED array panel.. have any good picture of the other side through the lens?

If you’re just trying to replace the bulbs you took apart way too much. The plastic lenses pop off and the bulb slides out. Takes about 30 seconds to replace one.

I’ve replaced mine twice now - the LEDs I picked up the first time burned out after a few years. Annoyingly the new ones flicker a bit when they dim or brighten despite being dimmable. fortunately they’re easy to replace again. If anyone has recommendations on warm white bulbs I’m interested.

If you’re just trying to replace the bulbs you took apart way too much. The plastic lenses pop off and the bulb slides out. Takes about 30 seconds to replace one.

I’ve replaced mine twice now - the LEDs I picked up the first time burned out after a few years. Annoyingly the new ones flicker a bit when they dim or brighten despite being dimmable. fortunately they’re easy to replace again. If anyone has recommendations on warm white bulbs I’m interested.
Ok, stupid question. How did you get those lens off? Afraid they will snap.
I did purchase warm white bulbs to replace the flickering LEDs.

@FullyLitLED sells kits.

I think he has warmer and cooler options. But that thread has gotten pretty long so i didn't go back through it.

I know at least one of the threads related to fully lit have steps for replacing all the interior lights.

Last edited:
Ok, stupid question. How did you get those lens off? Afraid they will snap.
I did purchase warm white bulbs to replace the flickering LEDs.
If I'm remembering correctly, just take a tiny flathead screwdriver, slide it in between the lens and the surroundings, and carefully pry it off, while working your way around the lens. Most light lenses remove this way.

I have the lights just wondering the easiest way to remove those lens without damage?
Flathead screwdriver or putty knife.

@FullyLitLED sells kits.

I think he has warmer and cooler options. But that thread has gotten pretty long so i didn't go back through it.
He does. I bought his kit, but something happened in shipping and I received an envelope that had been mangled by USPS with nothing in it. Post office refunded the cost (pkg was insured). At the time I didn't order another kit. Eventually I upgraded some bulbs in my trailer and had a few spares with the same connector that I used. They were cheap LEDs and though I liked the color and they dimmed nicely they burned out after a couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom