Ignition Distributor, Whats a good brand to buy? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I heard all new distributors are no good. So what brand would be best for my FJ62 89'. I found world power systems and WAI Global, also CARDONE.

What do y'all suggest?

Thank you,

I would look through the Mud classifieds and parting out sections for someone selling/parting a 3fe and just get a used one

With the Vacuum Adavance diaphragms being an issue and none of the parts being available any longer, I wouldn't buy another used distributor.

If you can handle the price, I really like the DUI HEI distributor. Made in the USA, lots of parts and very simple to tune.

By the time you buy a core distributor with a working advance, get a quality cap and rotor and get it recurved (if you're desmogged)...this isn't a bad deal.

FJ62 would be a 3FE no vacumn advance

most likely the reason the distributor "burnt out" is the fresh air intake and exhaust were probably not hooked up, the stock distributors work best with the air flow thru them.

X2 on finding a good used one in the classifieds. you could either swap the entire distributor or just the internals

Hi all,

I heard all new distributors are no good. So what brand would be best for my FJ62 89'. I found world power systems and WAI Global, also CARDONE.

What do y'all suggest?

Thank you,

I personally would start by consulting with a authority or " Trade-Craft " Professional if you will on the subject ..............

it just so happens that fellow SUPPORTING VENDOR @4Cruisers is just that person and fellow member

he lives , & speaks fluent OEM TOYOTA NipponDenso ...........

he can repair , tweak , and apply certain MODS to well sup-up a big cap 2F Distributor and ignition system

give him a PM , its a solid place to start and all oem stock too ,

NO USA / Detroit monkey business under the hood .! :rolleyes:

FJ62 would be a 3FE no vacumn advance

most likely the reason the distributor "burnt out" is the fresh air intake and exhaust were probably not hooked up, the stock distributors work best with the air flow thru them.

X2 on finding a good used one in the classifieds. you could either swap the entire distributor or just the internals

^This. Good used distributor and ensure the venting in the cap is set up properly.

There are several on eBay Motors for very decent prices, here's one example that looks pretty clean, from Southern California:

I ran a cardone in my fzj80 and I wouldn't recommend. There's no timing mark on the shaft like the OEM. The gear was half a tooth off where it should've been. That was set it the valve cover off and set to TDC. It worked, but I should've got an OEM one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom